Monday, January 26, 2015

Push Me, Pull Me, Pick Me Up, Carry Me Through

My friend Brigette sent the below to me today.

Boy...I hope she is right!

It really is an amazing blessing to have people in my life who see me in such a different light than I see myself...

Keeps me going...gives me courage and strengthens my resolve!

So...one week ago...I, while training for the MS 150,  took a nasty spill....a whole lotta me hitting the hardest concrete ever!

After the shockwaves subsided....I picked myself up...got back on the bike...and pedaled home with some serious road rash and a slightly bruised ego! :)

Honestly,  it hurt like hell...but I did not feel too terribly injured...and certainly felt lucky that my skinned knee was the worst of it!

However, I may be facing a little longer recovery than I expected. 

I won't lie...I am feeling a little old and damaged...however, really still believe I can take on this challenge in April.

Oh...I have my doubts and am battling that creeping sense that I could fail...but because I am surrounded by those who remind me that stopping is highly overrated...and that God provides the strength I need in those moments when believing seems silly and courage seems thin, I'm gonna keep going.

My friend Camille said these words to me today...unrelated to riding a bike an absurdly long distance. ..but these words transcend situations....

 "We both know if it's meant to be it will be.  If not, it's just another step on the path to where you are supposed to be."

I don't know if I am unstoppable....but If I am...It is not because of my sheer will...Nope...it is because I have so many people in my life who push me, pull me, pick me up and carry me through!

No comments:

Post a Comment