Friday, March 14, 2014

The Faith it Takes to Surrender

I Surrender All...those are the lyrics I quoted in my last post.

Easier Said than Done.

Surrender requires an immense amount of Faith..at least for me.

I confuse it with Giving Up.

Funny enough...I am quicker to Give Up than to Surrender...go figure.

After experiencing a big disappointment this week, getting my feelings hurt badly by someone I am close to and feeling as emotionally raw as ever...I again..struggle with wanting to give up and give in!

But not Surrender. 

But I found this posted on Pinterest:

 
 
 
This is the spiritual definition of Surrender:
 
To surrender in spirituality and religion means that a believer completely gives up his own will and subjects his thoughts, ideas, and deeds to the will and teachings of a higher power.
 
 
Here is the definition of Giving Up:
 
to cease doing or attempting something especially as an admission of defeat : 
 
There is a Hope in Surrendering that does not exist in Giving Up...
 
I am Asking, Seeking and Searching desperately for the knowledge and the understanding it takes to Surrender and to find that Hope. I am needing the Faith it takes to Surrender
 
In the meantime, I continue to move forward in this Journey...I am not giving up...just thinking about it a lot! Not thinking so much about Surrendering...and therein lies the problem.
 
I found this prayer...
 
Please hear my prayer. I go along each day, trying to run my life my own way. I forget to let go and give you control. I wonder why things aren't going the way I want them to go. I forget to stop and ask what you want, Lord. Please help me to give you control, Jesus. I want to follow you. I want what you desire for me. Help me to realize that when you close one door, you open the one you want me to walk through. Help me also to realize that what I desire may not be what is meant for me, or what is best for me. Maybe it will lead me away from what your great plan is for me.Lord, let me accept each day as a gift. Let me follow the path you choose for me. Help me to be thankful for what you give me and not to worry about my needs. I trust you will take care of all my needs.
 
I received these words from a dear friend today...unsolicited..no particular context. Completely out of the blue.
 
What ever it is, it's okay!
 
As she sent them...I was praying for the strength and faith to surrender and to trust that all will be OK. 
 
She said she had no idea why she sent them...other than it was on her heart to do so.
 
I know why!
 
Surrender!
 
May God Bless and Keep each one of you!
 
Jaime
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment