Thursday, June 5, 2014

Accentuate The Positive-A Fluffy Girl and her Feelings


"Eat only when your hungry"...."Stop when you are full"....Don't eat after 6:00 PM...Don't Eat after 8:00 PM....Drink water before you eat...Drink Water after you eat....

There are lots of "Simple" "how to" tips out there for us fat folks to lose weight...and quite frankly...most of them probably work...

However...it has been my experience that most people who say these things to me...have not met many who struggle with eating from an emotional place...or a busy place...or a distracted, overwhelmed...Dear God...I need Cake... kind of place!!!

I have owned from the very beginning that I am an emotional eater!  No Doubt about it! And I will not lie...when someone says to me...you just need to....(fill in the blank)...eat less, drink more water, eat before 8:00 PM...eat only half of what is on your plate...etc...I want to say...No Kidding...You Think?

If my eating were all about following a set of rote rules...If my eating habits were based on logic...I would not be blogging about being fat or eating...trust me!!

So my friend Lindsey sends me this article about Emotional Eating...(she gets it)...

http://www.fitbie.com/eat-right/ways-stop-emotional-eating?ocid=nlxer

As I read it...quickly...I realize that again...it flows in this logical, if you do this...then this will happen kind of way...

Here is my problem...when I am in my emotional self...logic is limited!  Words like reason, accountability...out the window...

So here's the deal...this is a good article...makes really good points...truly!  Good suggestions on how to combat the process of emotional eating...

The problem is me...I need an article that gives me tips on how not to BE EMOTIONAL...

You know...articles that might be titled...

10 Easy Steps to Get Rid of Emotions...

Feel Less...Eat Less...

A Fluffy Girl's Guide to Emotional Freedom...Or Freedom FROM Emotions

OK...so maybe "not feeling" is unrealistic...but, today,  it seems more realistic than NOT eating when I am feeling!!  :)

#Fluffygirlproblems


So...I guess I will read this article a few times through and try to convince myself that the solution to a bad day...hurt feelings or unexplained grouchiness...does not come in the form of a Pizza or chocolate cake...

Oh...and by the way...#9 (in the article)...says to Play with your Dog INSTEAD of eating....Well...they obviously don't know my dog...She thinks that EATING is Playing!!!

#fluffydogproblems


In truth...some of the suggestions in the article are a big part of what I attempt to do daily...and am particularly focused on these...such as Portion Control....Not keeping tempting foods in the house...eating balanced meals...ALL of which read more simply than they are accomplished for me...

However...Attitude is Key...Gotta Keep Trying...Gotta Accentuate the Positive... (I feel a song coming on...)




Accentuate The Positive-Ella Fitzgerald












No comments:

Post a Comment