Monday, September 1, 2014

The First Day of the Rest of My Journey

Happy Labor Day!!! 

It was really nice to have a 3 day weekend. As September begins...I am 30 days out from my trip to the Mountains...and I am getting ready for the challenge. 

Boot camp is going well...pushing beyond my comfort zone is proving to be motivating...reminds me that I can almost always take one more step than I thought I could. Which is nice!

I even have a war wound from today's session...yep...blister...pretty impressive...working my fingers to the bone and all!!! :)

So...boot camp this morning at 8:30 am...On Labor Day...hmmm.....But was up and ready to bust a move or my butt...whichever came first.  Walking Lunges...Ropes...Push ups...Planking...band work (thus the blister), super sets and did I mention those freaking ropes!!!! 

I am doing this boot camp with 2 friends...each of whom I have known for more than 20 years...but at different stages of my life.  One...since Middle School and a former Volleyball teammate...another...from my early working days (College Summer job).  Thanks to Facebook...we have reconnected and are now in doing this boot camp together...funny how life works. 

After boot camp today...Tammy (high school teammate) and I went out for breakfast and 4.5 hours later we had done our best to catch up on what has been going on for the last 30+ years.

I have shared here before that I, particularly since I started this Journey 2 years ago, have had the chance to reconnect with old friends, coaches, teachers...etc. AND I have had the opportunity to meet new people and form new relationships...ALL of these experiences have made this Journey what it is...meaningful, educational, remarkable and quite frankly, bearable.

There is something quite wonderful about sitting down and talking with someone that knew you from "back in the day"...It is kind of like getting to step into a history book of who I was and introducing that history to who I am today.  In some ways...not much has changed...and there is some comfort in that.  And in other ways...I am reminded of how far I have come...how much life I have lived and some good perspective on how many amazing people have graced my life.

Another really special part of getting to sit down and talk with someone after so many years..is hearing their story...seeing how God has worked in their lives and realizing that we ALL are on a unique, special Journey. 

It was a lovely way to spend 4.5 hours! 

Today is September 1st...The 1st day of the rest of this Journey.  Today I was reminded that God gives us ALL the strength we need...EVERY DAY...No Exception.  Today...is the first day of the rest of my Journey...a Day that deserves my very best efforts...A Day that is Blessed and a Day that is filled with limitless opportunity to grow a little wiser, love with all my heart and give it all I've got!

Tomorrow I get to do it all again!


Forge ON!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment