Tuesday, August 21, 2012

5 Golden Days

Good Afternoon...this will be an early post today...Got lots going on today and am afraid it will be too late when I get home to post....so here goes...It is DAY 5 and things are GOLDEN.  This morning I was thinking about today being Day 5 and all I could think of was the Twelve Days of Christmas song, specifically the "FIVE GOLDEN RINGS" part...so I just changed the words to 5 GOLDEN DAYS....haha!  I like the Golden theme for today...this is a Journey inspired by a Gold Medal and the 2 golden girls that won it...and I am I trying to improve my life so that I make it into my golden days (lol). 
Today started at 6:30 am in the pool at the Y...did about 20 minutes in the pool and felt good.  Swimming is harder than I remembered...easier on the joints that don't quite work as well as they used to...but hard from a stamina stand point.  But...I did it.  I think it is still one of the better exercise options for me though...and I will keep it on my schedule! 

I have had several people send me food ideas, websites, pinterest ideas...etc...thank you so much and I am going to share some of them here.  I love, love, love, the fact that several of you are doing this with me...Makes me feel like I am on a team.  The "I" becomes a "WE" and I love being a "WE"! 

Let me say I suspected that when I decided to start this Journey and announce it to my own little "world" and beyond...that it would open all kinds of opportunities to be inspired, to be touched and reminded that God has blessed me in so many ways regardless of my size, shape or ability to swim a lap or walk a mile...golden opportunities.  I had no idea!  So many great things are happening.  Such love and inspiration in each day...5 GOLDEN DAYS...
Given the fact that I have decided the theme for today is Golden....I have a few golden moments to share with you today.

1.  I met Billie today at the Y...she is 85 years old, works out everyday at the Y and has for past 12+ years.  She stopped me today at the pool to give me a few water exercise tips.  She said she thought I was new to this whole water exercise thing.  She comes every morning...she lost her husband 3 years ago but says she knows that he is "home with the Lord" and that she carries him in her heart. She wanted to welcome me and hopes that she will see me around.  Golden...

2.  Today is my friend Patsy's 70th Birthday...She will probably say she can't believe I mentioned her Birthday in my blog...but secretly,  she will love it!!!  She has been a dear part of my life for a long time and when I recently posted that I hoped I could still be funny after I lost weight...this is how she responded..."
I had a margarita this evening to celebrate your new life. And, don't worry you will never lose your "funny". Just don't think you're gonna be funnier than me. God bless you, Jaime. I love you.

Tomorrow is Wednesday...HUMP Day...Day 6 and another Day for more Golden opportunities...Who is with Me?????

"There's too many things I haven't done yet
Too many sunsets I haven't seen..." Sara Bareilles-Many the Miles

2 comments:

  1. Who's with you.....me, me, me......A.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, let me get this outta the way after you reach your goal you need to set another one WRITE A BOOK! You're an amazing freaking journalist!!

    ReplyDelete