Thursday, August 23, 2012

Feeling the Burn....

Tomorrow is a big day (sort of)...It is the 1st weigh in for me on this Journey.  I do not want to put too much emphasis on the the weigh in because...I have a long way to go and this is only the beginning.  But...I made it through the 1st week and this weigh in marks that for me...I MADE IT THROUGH THE FIRST WEEK...WOO HOO!!!
Starting something new is so hard for me.  I often feel overwhelmed during the "beginning" of anything and I usually medicate with food...which is no longer an option. 
Starting today was actually hard in general.  Out of the 1st 6 days...so far, this has been the most difficult.  I woke up really tired, with a headache and not really all that interested in an early morning workout. HOWEVER, I got up, threw on a lovely wrinkled pair of shorts and my favorite t-shirt and went to the park.  I completed one mile ( in not so record time again) and well..quite frankly, felt better.  It felt really good to have pushed through the "I don't want to's" and accomplish something positive.  It is funny though...this whole daily blogging thing is working like it is supposed to I guess...there was no way I could NOT work out...I knew people would be waiting for a check in today and I did not want to write...Hey...in less than a week I am already not wanting to work out...NO WAY...this is too important.  It is worth "feeling the burn" (and boy did I) :)

So far every day of this Journey has been a gift.  Something unexpected everyday.  Just imagine how fabulous having 365 days of gifts is going to be AND I will be 120 lbs lighter at the end.  I am thinking though that I am going to get so much more than just being lighter and healthier...I don't know exactly what that will look like today...but I am excited to see.

Please keep the comments, suggestions, tips, stories...coming.  Your words motivate me more than I can express! 

Hey....if anybody out there has any good ideas for stretching/strengthening the lower back muscles..please share...my back is not fully cooperating!!!

For those who have joined me on this Journey _________ (fill in the Blank)...I would love to know how you are progressing tomorrow.  We can do this!! Tomorrow is the end of the 1st week and the beginning of another week full of new experiences, blessings and great gifts. ( I can Feel IT!!!)

Blessings for Today:

1.  Unexpected Will Power
2.  A long conversation with an amazing, brilliant person that has a gift for tying together the loose ends!!!.

 
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

  1. Regardless of what the weight loss is, you've been amazing this week. Use Arnica Gel rub for the back muscles; will ease it until you strengthen it. A.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to know that your willingness is DEFINITELY rubbing off on others! You are such a strong person and I have no doubt that you can do this. Remember how I told you that I was too tired and didn't get up to work out yesterday? Well, after you told me that you didn't want to either, but you did anyway, it actually made me get up this morning! So thank you for motivating me :) As far as strengthening back muscles, you can do the "superman" on the floor. I'll show you in my office...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing cobras is actually really good for the lower back too. It will help stretch that area out. Here's a video link to explain. I have found that you can do this on your elbows for more of a high/mid back stretch and push up more with your arms for more of a lower back stretch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=svRXCZAyKQs&NR=1

    ReplyDelete