Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Can I get 2 Quarters with that MILE

Good Tuesday evening to everyone...OK...so after my Funky Monday...I had to shake it off this morning and start FRESH!!! So again...I was up by 6:00 AM and at the park by 6:30 for a walk.  I am trying to keep these morning workouts interesting so that my body does not realize that I am up so early AND working out....sneaky!!!!  So tomorrow will be swimming...and Thursday will be the bike! You get the picture.   Anyway, once I got to the park and did my stretching...I struck out on what has been a mile long walk in this cute little, heavily wooded park just down the street from our apartment.  I really love being outside (in tolerable temperatures) and early morning temps are fairly doable if you don't mind the humidity.
So....I start my walk and so far...the 1st quarter mile or so I really have to push my body and mind to participate...I am not a "fast out of the gates" kinda girl.  However, once I get past that 1st quarter mile...it actually gets a little easier and I really find myself enjoying a somewhat peaceful environment...listening to the birds and the crunch of the gravel as I walk along...it is kinda nice.  I choose not to listen to any music while I am outside...just my preference.  I like the sound of nature (with a little traffic mixed in) and it gives me time to say a few prayers and get my head wrapped around what I have going on for the day. 
I typically turn around at the 1/2 mile marker on the trail and loop back to the parking area to complete the full mile...but today...TODAY....I made the entirety of the trail...which is 1.5 miles or 2 Quarters with my mile (hehehe).  I had a few "push through" moments (as I call them)...moments where I think I cannot keep walking and I just keep pushing and push right through the discomfort. It worked...and I finished the mile and a half...without any trauma.  I am sure for some of you walkers...1.5 miles is no big twig...but for me...It felt great to push through to another level.  No going backwards...just forward.  Two miles here I come. 
I am hoping that with each week's challenges come moments like today when I get a dose of accomplishment to counteract the "funky" moments!!!  There is that wonderful HOPE again...gotta love it!

I got an incredibly sweet email today from a friend and I thought I would share it as my blessing for today:

I read this and thought about you.

As you are.
Stronger than you know.
More beautiful than you think.
Worthier than you believe.
More loved than you can ever imagine.
Passionate about making a difference.
Fiery when protecting those you love.
Learning,.  Growing.  Not Alone.
Warm.  Giving.  Generous.
Quirky.  Sexy.  Funny.  Smart.
Flawed.  Whole.  Scared.  Brave.
And so, so, so much more.

Be Strong.  Be confident.  Be you.

God bless you, Jaime.

I am so proud of you.

Thank you for the beautiful words of encouragement...can't ask for kinder friends and family...not possible! 

OK....Tomorrow is HUMP DAY people...Halfway to weigh in #2 and week #3...I hope all of you taking this Journey with me are taking good care of your mind, body and spirit and keep me posted!!!

How bout a little James Brown to cap off the night

"I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you"



2 comments:

  1. I am the same way! Never "fast out of the gates" and actually ask myself why I'm doing it in the first place. BUT, I know the feeling I get after I'm done and how I feel and that's what I hold on to. So remember your accomplishment and hold on to that to motivate you each day because you always know that in the end, you'll feel refreshed and glad you did it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever wrote that email to you KNOWS you very well. I completely agree with every word!!! Donna

    ReplyDelete