Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Things are going swimmingly

Happy Hump Day Everyone...I hope you all are finding your way through the middle of the week...having a few laughs along the way.  I must say that is a great thing about my job...I get to laugh every day.  We all like to laugh and do...often!  Though being independently wealthy would be my first choice...having a job that I get to laugh at while I am working...that isn't a bad thing!

OK...so today was swimming day...I did not exactly bound out of bed this morning...but I made it to the Y.M.C.A and got in about 20 minutes worth of swimming.  I felt like I could have gone a little longer today but did not leave myself enough time to do that...so I will be back in the gym tonight.  I love the water and have always enjoyed swimming.  As I have said in previous posts, it is a lot harder than I guess I expected but I like the way I feel when I am done.  Not as much pressure on my middle aged joints!!  But...as much as I love swimming...I cannot imagine loving it so much that I would be would  want to swim the English Channel or some big open water swim...like Diana Nyad. 

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Diana Nyad...but she is pretty unbelievable when it comes to endurance/long distance swimmers...what amazes me about her (and inspires me) is that she is now 63 years old and STILL is swimming long distances in open ocean waters...I am attaching a link about her most recent swim...I cannot even comprehend how she does what she does...not only does she swim long distances...she does it in jellyfish infested waters...with sharks, stingrays  and lions and tigers and bears...oh my!!!  I figure if she can fend off a few hundred jellyfish for 70+ miles...I can go an extra 15 minutes in the pool. HA!  Though if I am being completely honest...I think swimming in the ocean...getting a million jellyfish stings...swollen lips and salt-water blisters all over my face sounds a little cuckoo... but her endurance and drive..inspiring. 

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Diana-Nyad-Open-Ocean-Swim-Florida-Straits-Cuba-Key-West-Success-Reaction-167781285.html

Inspiration is the best kind of rush for me...in whatever form it comes in!  I would love it if you guys would share some of your inspirations with me...things that motivate you to go beyond your comfort zone.  I love my comfort zone...it is cozy there...however, in order to accomplish the goals I have set for myself...I have to take some giant leaps into places that may not be so comfortable at first. 

Before I go...I got my confirmation that I will be coaching Emily's VB team...my first coaches meeting is next week.  Here is quick shot of my volleyball girl!


Also, a co-worker of mine recommended a high protein, low calorie/low carb shake.  I have been using them as a little protein boost during the day.  There are pretty good.  Here is the website.
http://eas.com/product/advantedge-carb-control-ready-to-drink

"Tune" in Thursday...I am thinking it is time to talk about good workout Music...Have a great rest of today...Love the comments, emails, FB posts...keep em coming!  "MaWa" Inspired!!!

"Do one thing every day that scares you.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt

3 comments:

  1. Coaching VB.....next best thing to "Playing" VB in Nov. 2013!!...that should be great fun for you and Em. A.C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to it...it should be fun. Thanks for all of your supportive comments!! Hugs

      Delete
  2. Work out tunage?!? Yes! Will have to send you some radio feeds (importable into blogs like a radio dial) that you can add to your page on the side. Keep swimming! Keep on Truck'n!!

    ReplyDelete