Saturday, August 18, 2012

AWWW...Snap, Crackle and Pop

No....I did not have Rice Krispies for breakfast...The Snap, Crackle and Pop  I speak of would be the sounds my knees, ankles, neck...etc...made as I rolled out of the rack for a 6:30 AM walk.  Yes, a 6:30 AM walk on SATURDAY morning...I had two new walking partners this morning...Mom and this four-legged beast.





The walk was good...I had to laugh though...my body creaked and popped...I am pretty sure other people could hear my knees as they walked by...only 363 days to go...come on old girl..you can do it!
After our walk...a little breakfast was in order and a nap ( It is Saturday after all).  I told my Mom...I knew that just because I decided to do this did not mean that all of my daily pain, migraines, etc...would suddenly disappear so my prayer is that I can push through the pain and that the inspiration to be healthier will make all of that more bearable.  So far...so good. I have to  FORGE ON ( that is my standard answer when people ask me how I am coping with having a chronic migraine since April) Some days are better than others. 
Food stuff is probably the most challenging however, I am using Weight Watchers as a starting point. It will be a process but I am truly looking forward to the change to healthier eating habits. If anyone has any great food ideas, recipes, snack ideas...please share! 

So...after my nap, house stuff and lunch...Mom and I went and joined the Y-M-C-A!!!

I liked the slogan...so being the major dork that I am...I took a picture to post here.  I am looking forward to swimming, walking...maybe some circuit training...Pretty soon I am might even get my Zumba on!!! You never know. 

I have a few Blessings to share...First, I got my first 2 comments from people I do not know who have come across my blog and have read it!  Yea!  AND....I have gotten messages from 3 different people saying that they will be joining me on the Journey 120..now that is exciting.  It is nice to know that other people will be taking on this challenge as well.  Of course, they might not be trying to lose as much weight...or maybe they just want to get in better shape...but I like it!  JOURNEY __________ (Fill in the Blank). 

Lastly, and there will be pictures to follow later...my Sweet Mom (Tone Tone-as Emily calls her)...has made a few creative posters and  (with the help of Emily and Donna) even made me my own Journey 120- "MaWa Inspired" water cup!  She is a great Mom and I am hoping that my Journey helps her in her own Journey!!!!

This Journey is less than one week old and already the Blessings flow!   Journey 120-"MaWa" Inspired!!! Have a great Sunday and to God be the Glory!

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
–Albert Einstein


4 comments:

  1. Can't tell you how much I look forward to reading what you accomplish each day.......GREAT!!!! A day filled with goodness, creaks, pops and all...... A.C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A.C.for reading everyday!!! Love you!

      Delete