Friday, August 31, 2012

So Long 270's

It is Friday and it is WEIGH IN day....I dropped below 270 today to 267.6...WooHoo!!!  The movin and shakin is paying off and all of the support, ideas, funny stories, thoughtful words and gifts have been instrumental in these 1st 2 weeks.  Thank you all!  You are all amazing! I hope you will hang in there with me for the next 50 weeks...and join me for a raucous game of Volleyball on Saturday August 17th 2013..time and place TBD!!
So today was a recovery day for me...and my body and mind are thankful!  I am finding that after the Tues-Thurs workouts, my "Recovery Friday" is needed.  I will tell you that I am already noticing a shift in my energy levels (in a good way) and some of this activity is starting to get a little easier!!  I am still using Weight Watchers as a way to control my food..however, am reading a few books and may start incorporating some different food plans into my current program.  I am still having some struggles eating too late...but I will say that my night grazing has diminished significantly.  I have fallen in love with a couple of snacks (to satisfy my sweet tooth)...almond butter and bananas (my Dr. told me I needed to increase my good cholesterol-thus the almonds).  I have always loved fruit...but am just eating it more often.  My Mom has been making me smoothies with ice, a small amount of skim milk and assorted fruits...love them! 

Here is the Week 2 Recap:

  • Started this week weighing 274.2
  • Worked out Sat, Sun, Tues Wed. (2x) and Thurs.
  • Shopped for Fluffy girl workout clothes
  • Got some amazing and unexpected support
  • Had a Funky Monday...but made a solid recovery on Tuesday!
  • Busted through the One Mile mark and am now walking 1.5 miles...MonDOO!! (for Brig, Jilly and Linda)
  • Found out I would be coaching Emily's Church league Volleyball team! Yay!
  • Double workout on Wed.  Two-a-days!!!! Awesome
  • Talked music and shared some fun workout music
  • Got even more amazing support from friends and family
  • Got "prayed" through another week!
Let's Talk Tunes:

No workout is complete without some kick butt Blues: So here is a little Stevie Ray

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0MF8pwktg

Here is Adele singing Sam Cooke....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUTDSr3Vtoo&feature=related

Here are another few on my current listening list!

Roll Away your Stone-Mumford & Sons
Good Girl-Carrie Underwood
So What-Pink

Today's Blessings:

Music Friday at work!!
Lindsey!!!
3 day weekends
One step closer to goal!

OK...so I am going to the lake this weekend with "my people" and I am concerned about wireless access...so blogging might be a challenge.  I have loaded the blogging app onto my phone however, am not sure about signals or lousy phone typing skills!!!  But I will give it my best shot!  So my workouts this weekend will most likely be a lot of walking...and I will be enjoying some down time with Tone Tone, Donna, Emily, Bill, Greta (the Shih Tzu) and Riley (the Schnauzer). Fun!

I  hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day weekend...Enjoy your time and again, thank you for all of your support.  I love this quote by Robin Roberts below...really inspiring from a woman fighting against illness...with dignity and grace.  I don't want to miss one moment of the meaning!!!  Journey 120-"Mawa Inspired" (Good luck to Kerri Walsh as she plays in a tournament in Cincy this weekend)


"There’s a quote that really resonates with me when I think about this time in my life. ‘Life provides losses and heartbreak for all of us. But the greatest tragedy is to have the experience and miss the meaning.’"~ Robin Roberts

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss....good Job... Have fun at the lake. Love ya'll. Barb.

    ReplyDelete