Friday, August 17, 2012

The Miracle Mile

It is 8:30 PM on August 17th 2012 and I have had a great 1st day!  I started this day at 6:00 AM ready to take on this 1st day of a new life for me...corny yes...but oh so true!!!  I must interject right here that for those of you that do not know...I am so not a morning person. Really! Typically if I am up at 6:00 AM it is because I have never been to sleep!!!  However, I did get a few hours sleep and was at the park at 6:30 AM.  Ready to Roll!!!  I had on new shoes and my new headband that my Mom decorated with my new slogan-Journey 120-"MaWa Inspired"...motivation and inspiration abounds!!! 


Just in case you are not familiar with August in Houston...the humidity was about 200%...never good for a fluffy girl!  But...I stretched and we struck out for a walk.  Now I must also tell you that I am 5'4" (and 3/4) and my BF is pretty close to 6' tall..so it feels like for every 1 of her steps, I have to take 3...but...she was really quite sweet and took a stroll while I scurried along.  It was a great start to this journey...yea it was gross outside and I am so out of shape it is frightening..but it was exhilarating and for me a MIRACLE.  We walked a full mile in not so record time and I enjoyed every step.  My miracle mile....no where near 4 minutes, or 10 or 20...but a mile nonetheless!   So it begins....Day one of what I hope is really a new beginning to a revamped life. 

Tomorrow brings a new membership to the local YMCA ( and yes, you can expect me to work in my homage to The Village People), lots of swimming and walking and praying that my body does not realize what is going on before I can get it back in to shape!!!  Tomorrow morning...another early morning walk only this time my Mom is joining me along my little white dog (Riley...who is also fluffy as chance would have it).

Before I go...I have a few blessings to share...I have decided that no matter how hard this gets...everyday, I will share the blessings of the day.  God has given me this strength and He has provided a whole world of blessings in just these 1st few days. 

First...on my Last Meal and Testament Day...My very sweet co-workers surprised me with cupcakes (love) and this card and healthy snack.


OK...most of them are young enough to be my children...(had I had kids when I was incredibly young-:))...and I am definitely the geezer of the group...but they are quite funny, kind (sweet hearts)  and a great group to work with...so here is your shout out Kyle...and Lindsey, Amanda, Kristen and Claire (I am not old enough to be your mother....so don't go there).  You guys are great!  Your support means tons...especially since I spend more time at the office than anywhere!!!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

OK...so something else really fun happened today...I have been facebooking, tweeting, begging whatever it takes...to try and get both Misty May Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings to check out this blog and see all this craziness and inspiration that is going on up in here...so I sent a tweet to Kerri today (again...) asking her to check out my blog and the start of my Journey 120-"MaWa" inspired adventure.  Now I must say Twitter is a very limiting tool for a girl like me...a girl who has very little capacity to keep her thoughts to 140 words or less...I am probably the only person on the Earth that will spend 30 minutes trying to make something concise...but I did!  So I had crafted what I had hoped was a well worded, to the point statement that might get a response from her...and guess what..I tweeted  and asked her to check it out and she responded...just 2 words... Will do!  I was goofy excited!!  I am such a dork!  But I was thrilled....am thrilled!  Now I know that some of you may be questioning whether she has people to field all these requests from fans...but I CHOOSE to believe...that she is going to read my story...say a few prayers for me and along with all of you....Will me to be a happier,  healthier, Volleyball playing, middle aged wonder woman!  Can I get an AMEN!!

The very last thing I am going to post tonight...is the single most horrifying, crazy thing I will probably do this entire journey....I am posting my STARTING WEIGHT.  It is not pretty....but I am going for accountability so here goes...My starting weight for this journey is 276.6 pounds.  My goal for August 17, 2013 is to weigh 156 pounds...here we go....are you with me????

Goodnight-May God bless you and keep you! JLP

"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith."  ~Mary Manin Morrissey

9 comments:

  1. Yes......you can get and deserve an....AMEN!!!!! An exciting start to an exciting journey....A.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! I was inspired by the Olympics as well especially athletes like MAWA... One day at a time... Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement and thanks for reading!! Love it!

      Delete
  3. AMEN!!!!! Keith F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only did she respond but she retweeted your link to all of her followers, which is how I found your blog! I caught up and am ready to follow along :) Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...I don't think I realized it was that she retweeted the link. Cool! Thank you for the wishes and I hope you enjoy reading along!

      Delete
  5. Don't you know that Claire is only 25? At least, that's what she seems to say so often. She must have started working here right after high school to have been here 7 years already. :P

    Yes, Jaime, we are all behind you here at the office. I can't believe I'm posting this here, but I think it helps to have some sort of visual. Did you know that when (not if, when) you reach your goal, you will way approximately the same amount as I do now? Talk about a transformation! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like thinking that Keri got all goofy crazy thinking about being an inspiration to others, like the Great and Wonderful JLP! Keep up the good work. You are dangerously close to making me want to get into shape too!! ;) God bless ya sister!!

    ReplyDelete