I also have experienced another little victory this week. As you may know, I have Type II diabetes (My Mom and I call ourselves "Diabeticals") and I have been on insulin since the Fall of 2010. I have to take long acting insulin at night and I take sliding scale (short acting) insulin during the day. Typically, I take long acting insulin at night and as much as 30 units of short acting insulin per day. My doctor has really wanted my fasting (morning) sugar to be 130-140 and that has not been happening over the last few years. SO....Since I started this adventure....7 whole days ago. My fasting sugar has dropped 40+ points and is right at 140. That is really pretty amazing. It would kinda be like me dropping 20 pounds in the 1st week...Another bonus is that I have only had to take approximately 10 units of short acting insulin per day for the last 3 days. Less shots for me!!!! More great things to come from this journey health wise I am sure!!! Can't wait!
So today was a day of recovery for the this fluffy body of mine and I needed it...but tomorrow brings more exercise and the beginning of Week 2. More swimming, biking and walking...I am actually looking forward to it and like I said, Can't wait to see what lies ahead. But for now...ODAT (One Day At a Time)
I have decided to do a quick recap of this first week...just for fun...
- I, while watching the Olympics and particularly while watching Misty May and Kerri Walsh win their 3rd consecutive Gold medal in Women's Beach Volleyball, became overwhelmingly inspired to make a big change in my life.
- I decided that big Change would be to lose 120 lbs by August 17th 2013.
- Furthermore, I decided to blog about my Journey on a daily basis as a motivational tool for myself.
- To up the ante, I decide to tell everybody I have ever known that I am taking this Journey and asked them to follow along.
- After doing this, surprisingly, I do not wake up the next day and say "What was I thinking"
- As a fun final goal I decided that I wanted to plan to play a real, full on, hind end kickin', volleyball game on August 17, 2013 as a way of celebrating my new girlish figure.
- I also decided that both Kerri Walsh and Misty May must know about this and I will make it another goal to contact them hopefully without making too big of a fool out of myself.
- I had one last Fluffy Girl fling with Food and took part in the destruction of one of the largest Chocolate Eclairs on the planet.
- On the first day...I walked 1 mile with my BFF at 6:30 in the morning...A miracle mile!
- Also on the first day, Kerri Walsh commented on Twitter about my blog and retweeted to it to all 130,000 of her followers. Wow!
- I joined the YMCA (and have not formally paid homage to the Village People (YET)
- I found out that Laughing is a good way to improve your health and lose weight...which works out well for me!!!
- I have gotten tons of wonderful words of encouragement from family, friends and people I do not even know...Golden!!!
- I have waxed poetic about being from the South and my love of food.
- I have seen God's Blessings around every corner of this past week.
- I have worked out even when I did not feel like it-Unexpected Will Power
- I have made it through the 1st week and STILL am inspired....Journey 120-"MaWa" Inspired.
Here is a great website my co-worker sent to me...fun food tips. Good for Weight Watchers. Thanks Lindsey!
Blessings for today
- Funny Friday at work
- Saturday and Sunday!!!
Have fun...see you tomorrow!