Friday, February 21, 2014

Barking Mad!

Good Friday Evening...Quite Frankly...It has been a rather odd...disjointed kind of day...

Started by taking Mom to eye doc for the big reveal! Bandage removal...etc...her vision in her left is GREATLY improved!  Now...right eye to go and she will have super human eyeballs! 

Afterwards...I had to take Mom to pharmacy and home....jump back in the car and head to an appointment...lunch..then get from The Woodlands to The Galleria...by 2:00 pm! For those of you not familiar with Houston....THAT is no easy trek in Friday afternoon traffic!!

The company I work has been purchased and we had a company meeting with our "new employer" so I could NOT be late...

I did manage to have a healthy lunch
..but here is a truth...a confession of sorts...I missed the convenience of fast food today! Instead though...I slowed down and ate healthy....

Had the meeting and THEN had to commute from the city's busiest shopping area to home... and still remain sane!

Despite the chaos of an over-scheduled day...I did manage to eat healthy...stay fairly calm...remain focused amidst a few mistakes AND I had the honor of sitting down and having a long conversation with someone that knows me well and still believes in me!  I always leave a conversation with her feeling like God is standing right next to me...Fully alive...fully loved!

Before I go...I had a few funny encounters...One...I met Marcia, a 57 year old interior designer who suffered a major stroke...had 4 brain surgeries....was in a coma for a month and ICU for 2 months...we met at lunch...her story was so bizarre and miraculous! HER take on it...God's got plans for her!

Lastly...as I was leaving the Galleria...I saw a woman...wearing a long flowing evening gown and carrying a poodle like a sack of potatoes....as she crossed the parking lot...she barked at EVERYONE...LOUDLY! Not The DOG...but the woman....The Woman was BARKING...aggressively...so as I passed her...at a great distance, I thought...Life could be much more challenging...I could face the task overcoming a major medical event...re-learning to speak...walk..etc...or worse yet...I could just be BARKING MAD...wearing a satin evening dress....carrying a poodle across the parking lot of The Galleria...scaring the hell outta people!

Instead...I am a fluffy girl..fighting to lose weight...blogging even the most mundane details of my Journey to the most personal moments....AND scaring the hell outta people!

Still seeking Clarity...still Forging ON! Blessed Beyond Belief!

3 comments:

  1. This writing stirred my emotions (from sad to uplifting), made me laugh too, it has the makings of a great novel chapter. Make a copy of this one for your future writings! A.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha... Wow... :) A poodle, evening gown, and barking human... Never thought those three would ever be in the same sentence!!!

    ha ha ha!! Laughing loudly during lunch at work!! Sure someone is wondering what's funny in here!! :)

    Keep going, Jaime!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete