Saturday, January 11, 2014

COOKIES and Crunches!

So I was up and ready to bust the fluff at 8:00 AM!!  Ready to take on CXWorx...whatever that is...

So my Lindsey Lou (not really her middle name)...met me at the Y and we prepared ourselves for the unknown...30 minutes of potential torture.

First...as we walk in the room...there on the left is a table with COOKIES...

REALLY....COOKIES!!!

What the hell is that about?  Hmmm...fitness class with cookies...this is either where the torture begins...OR...the Best Fitness Class Ever.

Is this a test of willpower...or a taste of heaven?

So I thoughtfully abstained...and willingly stepped into the room...cookie free and ready for my 30 minutes of torture!

So this class...it turns out, is largely about "core strengthening".  Mat work...crunches, oblique work, back, planking...a lot of time on the floor!

Words like squeeze, hold, squat and lunge were thrown around like beads at Mardi Gras.
Let me be frank...I have a whole lot of "stuff" to squeeze and crunch AND...holding all I got going on off of the ground with only two arms is a deadly proposition.

I was actually grateful for the squats and lunges.

But you know...I did it (mostly)...without extra arms and without tossing back a few cookies...

I even walked 2.5 miles afterwards....burned some solid calories today!

So now...I'm done...the flab has flopped...Tomorrow....a new day...a new torture...new energy...new muscles to cramp!

Have a lovely evening!

Tell somebody you love them...smile...do something nice...keep moving forward...

Ask...Seek ...Knock! Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment