I have had several people tell me that I am going to have days/weeks like this where I feel like I worked really hard and maintained my diet and did not see the results I was hoping for...I am grateful for the reminder! I must admit I have been afraid that I would get discouraged on weeks like this...but strangely and I do think it is a bit strange...I do not feel discouraged. Like I said, I did have to remind myself to look at the big picture and trust this process is going exactly as it should for today!
I knew coming in to this that I would have to make adjustments, learn more about how to eat healthy, change some of my behaviors and maintain a healthy attitude along the way...oh... and keep my sense of humor!! I really can't afford to take myself too seriously...that would be a waste of a good Journey! I saw this today posted on Twitter by one of Kerri Walsh's followers. I love it!
- I, while watching the Olympics and particularly while watching Misty May and Kerri Walsh win their 3rd consecutive Gold medal in Women's Beach Volleyball, became overwhelmingly inspired to make a big change in my life.
- I decided that big Change would be to lose 120 lbs by August 17th 2013.
- As a fun final goal I decided that I wanted to plan to play a real, live action VB game on August 17th 2013
- I joined the YMCA.
- Furthermore, I decided to blog about my Journey on a daily basis as a motivational tool for myself.
- I have chosen to share this Journey with my friends, family...anyone who wants to go along!
- I tweet regular weekly updates to Misty May and Kerri Walsh...and again, hope I am not making a fool out of myself
- Kerri Walsh has responded not once...but TWICE! Amazing!
- Have received UNBELIEVABLE support from my family, friends and complete strangers! Also Amazing!
- I have seen God's Blessings around every corner.
- Bought new Fluffy Girl workout clothes...including a rockin MaWa Inspired Headband
- Went from walking one mile to 2 miles in less than a month.
- Rode 10 miles on recumbent bike for the 1st time
- Working out 5 days per week
- Became Emily's Volleyball coach (Church League)
- Have seen my glucose levels change DRAMATICALLY!
- Went Kayaking for the 1st time
- Have other folks joining me on the Journey...working out and losing weight! Go Journey 120!
- Getting great ideas, recipes, exercise tips from my wonderful family, friends and co-workers!
- Still inspired in Week 4
- Realized when it gets tough...You just have to Start Peddling and Keep Peddling
- Feeling BETTER everyday
- Have Lost 12.6lbs in 1 month
- Have a renewed Faith and am ready to take on Week 5!