Sunday, March 3, 2013

On My Way to Victory

Happy Sunday!  I hope today finds all of you happy and healthy!
I find myself struggling again today.  Not  horribly...more like growing pains.  I feel as if I am learning how to eat healthier, live healthier and at the same time, I am trying to figure out how to just BE heathier....or I should say that I continue trying to learn how to just BE!  I know I have spent considerable time on this topic already...but *SPOILER ALERT*
I am not done yet!
You see...here's the thing, I am a stress eater, right?  I eat when I am emotional (often)!  I eat when I am not satisfied, or nervous, anxious, etc...Well now it appears that having energy makes me hungry or nervous...or both!  Crap!
So...I really did not want to be near the fridge today...I did not want to be in the house...too beautiful for being indoors...I wanted to be out...to drink in some sunshine and to practice being still, listening for God's plan and adjusting to this new version of me that is not sick, exhausted and overwhelmed.
The truth is for me...that change...even for the better...takes time, it takes strength, it takes patience and it takes unprecedented will power....6 months ago...it would have also taken a cheeseburger, large coke and french fries!!
Things they are a  changin'!
I am reading Lysa Terkeuerst's book "Made to Crave" and in it she says the following:
"We were made for victory. Sometimes we just have to find our way to that truth."
My hope is that I am on my way to to that truth...on my way to Victory!
Here are some pics of my day in the Sonshine!

1 comment:

  1. Your SO CAL aunt really enjoyed the BIG TEXAS blue sky and the pine needle covered ground....sweet memories...and my niece looks mighty cute too!!!! Love ya, Char Char

    ReplyDelete