Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Fluffy Girl and Willingness


Hello and Good late Thursday evening to you all.  I have had a long day...Lots of things to do...Lots of fluff to lose!!  So I worked all day...Walked 3.5 miles, grocery shopped, walked Greta, did the hokey pokey and turned myself around!!!  O.K. I did everything BUT the Hokey Pokey...but I am certainly feeling Pokey tonight!!! 

Yes...I did walk 3.5 miles tonight...NEW FLUFFY GIRL RECORD!!  I started really slowly...honestly, I did not really feel like walking at all..I spent most of the day physically struggling...Not that anyone likes not feeling well..But I am a funny bird!  I try to compensate in any way I can to make sure that it is not obvious that I do not feel well! I have always had some shame about being ill...I know that is weird and trust me...I will continue to address that weird character flaw with a professional...:)
However, as I started my walk tonight..it was really physically difficult...but right before I started...I had been looking at a picture that my friend Kristen took at Enchanted Rock...

This is a picture of me...starting my climb up Enchanted Rock...but I love this picture because it represents my Journey...one step at a time...Kristen really captured that for me in this photo.  Someone commented on the photo:  "Love this picture and what it represents--your amazing journey!"
So I read that and started my walk...This is an amazing Journey and I cannot take that for granted and there is no guarantee that it is going to be easy...It has not been easy...but it truly has been amazing.

 So...as I walked I felt stronger and stronger...I fought through the discomfort and the "struggle" and I just WALKED...I plugged in my ear plugs...listened to some good music and did my best to remember that all I have to do is put one foot in front of the other...Before  you know it...I had gone 3.5 miles...I used my struggle for good.  I decided I was absolutely willing to stretch through the physical and emotional pain...I remembered that God is the Author and Perfecter of my Faith and I just have to be willing! I am willing...I am inspired! 



Tomorrow is Weigh in #30...Tomorrow is the beginning of the 31st week of this Journey and I am willing to Move Forward, Trust this Path and Know that I have all the Faith I need! 

Please keep this Journey in your prayers!  At times...my vision is not so clear and I need your prayers for strength and courage...I need prayers for FOCUS!  Kristen took another photo I love...funny enough..it reminds me of this very thing...




Before I go...I love CNN's online segment called Distractions...If you have a minute...watch this video..I sometimes completely relate to sweet little Penguin!!

Scared Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment