Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Reality Roses

A busy day...Easy to forget to stop and smell the Roses...Sometimes...I forget to even "see" the roses...

With the sluggish start to year two...I have not really stopped to smell the roses of Year 1 lately. 

A friend (who also blogs) used his blog as a place to work through some less than stellar times and I am sure, knowing him, shared a few victories along the way.  So a few weeks ago..he gave me a piece of advice.  He encouraged me to go back and read some of my own blog posts...in short, so that I could "see" how far I have come...the challenges I have already overcome and the moments when I did not think I could and I DID!!!  Kinda my own "stopping to smell the roses"...in my little blog world.
So... back to the sluggish start to Year 2...I am going to take a few days...read through some of this past year...make every effort to stop...Stop worrying...Stop thinking that I have somehow lost my "weight loss" edge...Stop trying to figure out how I am going to lose the rest of this weight...how long that will take etc...

It is not like I have been short on encouragement...so many people are sticking tough with me...and I think that I have to stop dwelling on the negatives...take stock of the positives and move forward...I keep saying it...Forge On...I figure I will keep saying it until I get it. 

As I have said over and over again...this PLACE...this blog...is my place to say things I believe to be true...Say things that I want to learn how to make true and to sort through some of the false truths that I cannot seem to just Let Go of...

So...one of my less attractive traits...focusing on the negative...Confession...I can remember almost every negative word someone says to me...but really have to focus to remember the positive.  Sad.  I really don't like to admit that...

That is why I am so focused on repeating the blessings...repeating the good things that happen.  It is time..time to believe the good...drop the bad...

I know that most people have that critical voice inside...Some people can just Shout that voice away...Trust the positive voice...Trust God's voice ...I need practice.  I am practicing every day of this Journey.

So I figure...stopping to Smell the Roses...The Reality Roses...is a good idea...The reality is...I continue to be on a different path...an energy generating path...a weight loss path...a path to health that I have not seen in way too many years...

I am learning to live the positive and negate the negative...AND lose 120 pounds along the way...No biggie!!!

So in an effort to shed my Fig Leaves...Trying on my new soft skin...and trying to just RELAX...and enjoy the journey...here is a little funny...


No comments:

Post a Comment