Monday, September 30, 2013

Being Blindly Faithful

"They say it's impossible.
I refuse to believe it. 
The journey may be difficult and the desired end unlikely. My patience and commitment may be tested by something that won't happen overnight. It may be that I veer off the path or quit before reaching my goal, but that doesn't mean it is impossible.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich

I saw this quote today...Something about it resonated with me. 

My current physical difficulty is grating on my inspiration....gnawing at my fortitude and getting on my last nerve!

Having said that.. It does not mean that achieving my goal is impossible or even improbable. It just means that it may be delayed...But the end goal..the losing of the equivalent of a super model...MAY not be the whole point this Journey.

Instead,  the obstacles conquered, the moments of unexpected will power and courage...immeasurable love and the gift of God's Grace...these things are clearly the lessons of the Journey worth remembering!

AND... I am determined to lose 120 lbs...or at least get damn close! I just feel like I have veered off the path a bit!

So I must, if I cannot see the end, be willing to be blindly faithful!

I must practice Letting Go of the final outcome and embracing the silver linings-even if they appear a bit tarnished at times...I must learn to accept my imperfections...I must remember that Rome was NOT built in a day...Truthfully, I did not get fat overnight...This Fluff took years to build! Tearing it down will take some time!

"When I am struggling with my life I look up towards the sky and say; LORD you take over” ― Joan Disantis

1 comment:

  1. Well said...by you and those you've quoted. A.C.

    ReplyDelete