Saturday, December 21, 2013

Praying for Peace and Comfort

As many of you know, I have been asking for prayers for my dear friend Donna's niece Randa.

Randa has battled a very aggressive form of breast cancer with great courage and hope.  Today, Randa passed away. 

Her family and friends were with her for these last several days as she battled these final stages of this devastating disease.  She was 31 years old.

My heart breaks for her family and friends as they grieve her passing.  I pray that they are comforted in some way by the knowledge that God is surrounding them with his Love and that Randa is pain free and finally resting comfortably at Home!

It is never easy to lose someone to cancer or for that matter, any other disease or tragedy.  It is always painful.  For me, it always seems so much more painful when a young life ends too early.  There is always the thought of what if...

Of course, this kind of loss during the holidays is even more challenging.  I am really aware that this is a difficult time of year to manage grief.  I think for me, Randa's death is another loss in what has been a very challenging Thanksgiving/Christmas season.  I have seen a friend lose her husband to cancer, lost a former coach to an accident and found out that another friend will be battling cancer as well. 

Of course, watching my best friend and her family come to terms with the loss of one of their kids...well...it just devastating and breaks my heart.

Moments like this again remind me of how very precious life is...how unbelievably fragile it is.  These moments make me feel an unbelievable sense of urgency to make sure that everyone I love knows it...believes it...and trusts that no matter what happens...that love does not wane. 

I have been consistently praying for Peace and Comfort for my friend and her family.  I pray that they can know that they are loved and I pray that they can love each other through this time in their life. 

As I write this...I am aware of heavy sadness...a knowledge that I am overwhelmed by this kind of loss and watching people I love be in this kind of pain.  I pray for God's wisdom for how I can be supportive, loving and helpful during this time.

I ask you for your prayers.  Prayers for all of those people who are experiencing the loss of a loved one....I am asking for prayers for my sweet friend Donna, her sister Lynn (Randa's Mom) Josh (Randa's brother) and Randa's young son Tristan..as they move forward.

My hope is that all of us will be open and willing to love each other.  To remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas and that all of us...as children of God, be willing to reach out to those that need comfort during this Christmas Season.  Remember...a great gift is just love somebody in a way that they know it fully and completely.

I thank you for reading my words and appreciate your prayers.



 


Rest in Peace Sweet Randa.





5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about this!!! Praying for you and them right now. Love that last verse you reference and believe He is close as He says He is!!!
    Despite such a "heavy" emotional season, I hope you find much laughter and joy!
    Your Plankin' Sister, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randa's little boy looks so much like her, "a face to cherish"...
    praying for you all. AC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your beautiful words about Randa and to her family and friends. It lifts my heart.

    ReplyDelete