Tuesday, July 8, 2014

God Kept


We, as humans, are imperfect...all of us! 

You know...all of the phrases that exemplify that thought...

"To err is human, to forgive divine" ~Alexander Pope

"You are only human"

I personally, am REALLY human.  Today was one of those days that I started off trailing...if that makes sense...I could not catch up all day.  Lots of little bumps in the road...that seem to slowly become a mountain. Things like...

  • waking up late
  •  putting the trash in the back of my car and forgetting to drop it at the compactor (don't worry...I turned around)
  • Having my sun visor fall in my lap as I got in the car this morning (don't worry, I fixed it)
You get the picture...there were more...but just lots of little things made me crazy...

That notion...the idea of all of the Little Things banding together to make a Big thing reminded me of these song lyrics by Francesca Battistelli:

I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'cause I can't find my phone

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
Might not be what I would choose
But this the stuff You use

In the middle of my little mess today...I challenged myself to remember that I am Human and as a Human...I am imperfect (clearly) and most importantly...Not to forget how big I am blessed.

So in my effort to find my inspiration today...in the early stages of this challenge to daily find my Umph...I settled back on the idea that WE ARE HUMAN...AND...I happen to like humans...as a general rule. 

That then, made me think of one of my favorite blogs ever...Humans of New York.  Check it out if you have not done so before!!! Great fun!

  http://www.humansofnewyork.com/

I always find some bit of inspiration here...As I scrolled through...I found the following quotes (with pics of the folks who uttered the words) and again...found great wisdom and some much needed Umph!





"What’s your largest remaining goal in life?"
"Heaven."




 
 

"I’m telling you. Prayer works."
"What’s a time that prayer didn’t work for you?"
"The time I didn’t pray"






"One day a crazy looking homeless guy came to the door, and we were about to close the door on him, but my mother saw him and shouted: ‘Hey Eugene!’ She knew his name! Then she ran around the kitchen putting all sorts of food into tupperware, and brought it out to him. After he left, we asked my mom why she gave him so much food. She told us: You never know how Jesus is going to look when he shows up.’ She was always saying that— it was a spiritual thing. Then you know what happened? Two months later, that same man showed up on the door step, clean shaven, and wearing a suit. And he had an envelope with money for my mother. ‘Ms. Rosa always believed in me,’ he said. I’ll never forget it! Eugene was his name."

I ABSOLUTELY loved the line..."You never know how Jesus is going to look when he shows up"

If I, everyday, treated people as though I was meeting Jesus...what would my life be like??

Food for thought!

I know this...instead of getting lost in life's little messes...I can

  • Daily make Heaven my final goal
  • Never forget that Prayer works...
  • Always remember that you never know how Jesus is going to look when he shows up!
As I got home last night from work...I bumped into my neighbor.  She asked me how my 4th of July weekend was and I briefly shared with her my cousin Clint's story.  I told her that despite experiencing the loss of a limb that, amazingly, at 14 years old, he seemed to fully grasp the Blessing...the blessing that he is in fact, alive.

As I finished the story she simply said the following:

He knows he is God Kept! 

I Love that! 

Truth...we are all Human and we are all God Kept!



Before I go...You  (yes, YOU) can register to play, attend, volunteer and donate ALL on our Play It Forward-Rally to Serve Facebook Page.

Click on the links below!

WAYS TO HELP

REGISTRATION

I so very much hope that you will join on August 16th, 2014!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment