Thursday, July 3, 2014

Life is Precious...Time Is Limited...Share the Love

So much like this entire Journey...I have seen the incredible power of God's Love and Grace. 

Late yesterday I received a call telling me that my 15 year old cousin Clint had been in a terrible boating accident and was gravely injured...and that he had lost his leg in the accident. In that moment, I felt as if all of the air was sucked out of my lungs with those words being spoken at the other end of the phone. 

Within moments, we, my family and friends, began to pray...calling each other, asking for prayers and support from everyone on our "team". 

I have said this before...I have a great, strong, loving family and an equally group of amazing friends.  An amazing team....circled the wagons and began to rise up to the challenge before us.

In less than 4 to 5 hours, we knew Clint would survive...that he would LIVE to face this physical challenge and though it is an overwhelming, painful, situation for my cousins Kyle, Julie, Clay and Clint...they will be surrounded by a great team...and we will share our strength, hope and courage with them...We will share our love and there will be INSPIRATION.  There already is...

We had the opportunity to actually see Clint this evening...we got to see the amazing gift of God's healing touch and amazing Grace and we got to see a glimpse of the Inspiration that Clint will be in the future.  We got to see him already rise above a seemingly insurmountable task...we got to see his strength and courage...

Life does not seem fair at times.  It can seem cruel and unnecessarily painful...and as I said last night...I am reminded of the beauty of a team and the wonders that can be accomplished when we open our hearts to the possibility of being loved through a struggle. When we open our minds to the idea that not being able to accomplish something alone does not make us weak...it makes us human. 
We are not alone...Clint and his family are not alone and they will be loved through this struggle and they will rise above it. They already are!

The last 36 hours have been cruel and unnecessarily painful...but those same 36 hours have been filled with miraculous moments, abiding love and tremendous courage. 

I saw some amazing "umph" today...some unbelievable inspiration...from my family, from friends, from strangers, doctors, EMS personnel and from one amazing 15 year old.


Goodnight and remember, Life is Precious...Time is limited and Love should be shared freely!





No comments:

Post a Comment