Monday, December 17, 2012

4 months down-8 to go



It is Monday and it is officially the 4 month anniversary of Journey 120-Life of the Fluffy Girl: Fight to Light.  Eight months to go...Honestly, this Journey is flying by!  One would think I would want it to...but...I still would like to be further along.  I am pleased with my own persistence though...not a trait that I am always known for!  It has already been one



I am really hoping that the next 8 months can be as enlightening as the 1st 4 months.  I am aware that I will have to work even harder to accomplish the goal I have set for myself.  I know that I have to keep reaching for that goal like my life depends on it...and that should not be too much of a stretch...since my life does depend on it.  This Journey is all about saving my life.  I really believe that! 

It is also about, inspiration, faith, laughter, love and whole lotta sweat!!!  I have several mini-goals ahead of me.  I have completed two 5K walks and have Mini-Goal #3 ahead of me (fitting in to a rather snug shirt by March 2, 2013).  I have a few other plans that I have yet to announce...but I will soon.

I know that I will continue to learn!  I will continue to be inspired, I will continue to laugh, I will continue to love and unfortunately, I will continue to sweat...profusely!!!  Most importantly,  I must continue to have Faith.  Without that, this will not be possible. 

Thank you all for following along for the last 4 months.  Thank you for taking time out of your busy lives to share the words of encouragement, the love, the laughs and the great ideas and suggestions.  I cannot say it enough.  I need all of that!!!  I may not have realized how much when I started this Journey...But boy...I know now. 

I have to thank my original inspiration!  Thank you to Kerri Walsh Jennings and Misty May Treanor for waking up the part of me that loves athletics...that loves to compete and for inspiring me to get up, work through the challenges, push through the pain and believe that life can be different. 

I have to give  special thanks to Kerri Walsh.  I am not sure if she will actually see this...but, I figure it is worth saying for a multitude of reasons.  Given the obvious fact that she and I have never met and that I live a million miles outside of her world.  Given that I have pushed the limits of Twitter weekly cramming as many words as possible into a "tweet" about being a 45 year old,  suddenly inspired, fluffy girl on a crazy mission, given that I am quite clear that I am not the only person she has inspired (lol) ....given that, she has taken the time (on multiple occasions) to share a few moments of her time to encourage and support this complete stranger. By the way though, I am not the only one she does that for..Since I am only on Twitter typically to correspond with her...I am aware that she often (daily) sends messages of encouragement to young volleyball players, Olympic fans, Moms to be, our service men and women overseas, the list goes on...In a time when this country's athletes and celebrities seem to shy away from the often uninvited responsibility of  being a positive role model..she not only steps up but seems to embrace the job with open arms.  You gotta love her!!!  I know I do! 

OK...Here is to a great next 8 months!!!

Before I go...I am still very mindful of the grief that the families in Connecticut are experiencing.  They are in my daily thoughts and prayers and will be for a long time.

This is for them:


Jesus calls the children dear,
"Come to me and never fear,
I will take you by the hand,
Lead you to the promised land,
For I love the little children of the world."




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOufqWodFNo

No comments:

Post a Comment