Friday, December 14, 2012

Keeping Life in Perspective



Hello to all.  Today has been a challenging day.  I would like to start by saying that my deepest sympathies and prayers go out to all who have been impacted by the tragic events today in Newtown, CT.  It is so impossible to imagine what the parents, grandparents, family and friends of those that are deceased are experiencing at this time.  I am not sure that any words would accurately describe that kind of grief.  I am heart broken for them and will continue to pray for all of those affected.

It is so beyond any comprehension that I possess as to why things like this happen.  The insanity of the act does not seem to break my need to know Why?  Though I am sure that no one really understands why this happened, it does really put things into perspective for me. 

I started this day with Weigh In #17 and it was not positive.  No weight lost.  I must admit that I am really beginning to struggle with not losing.  I did go and get a massage and had a conversation with my very health conscious Chiropractor-he said he thought I was doing all of the right things and that the body just has to adjust and plateaus can last much longer than we want them to!  He warned me about reducing my calorie intake too much (lol), reminded me that muscle toning will increase my weight at times, discussed my metabolism, getting older and my exercise program. He said just because I am not losing at the rate I planned does not mean I am doing it wrong.  As with anything, adjustments can be made and I am sure that just taking the next step is a step in the right direction.

However, after I arrived at work and began to realize what was happening in Newtown, CT...suddenly all of the above issues with my weight loss seemed small and inconsequential.  Perspective!  I am blessed to have these problems to deal with...blessed that I get the opportunity to work at being better, to improve my life and to make better the kind of person I am! 

That was stolen from the children and adults who lost their lives today.  Quite honestly, I find that devastating and it makes me angry!  Mostly, I am sad.

Life is precious, not to be wasted.  Life may not always be easy but it is a gift.  Each moment of each day has something to teach us.  Life offers us the opportunity to love, to give, to learn, to teach, to care, to witness, to believe, to dream, to accomplish, to sing, to dance, to play, to win and to lose. 

For me, today is about Keeping Life in Perspective. 

Dear God, Bless those babies hearts, bless their parents, their families and extended families.  Bless the hearts of the adults that gave their lives and those they left behind.  Bless the first  responders, faculty, the children and parents that survived and the entire community as they try to recover from this tragedy. 

This is for the kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVbkz_3lO3c

This is for all of us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-GTtPgHfwQ





No comments:

Post a Comment