Saturday, December 8, 2012

Mini-Goal #2-Done!

Hi...Happy Saturday...I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.  All is well here is well in unseasonably warm, muggy Houston. 

I was up and ready to roll out at 6:30 am this morning...Tone Tone and I headed to the west side of town to CityCentre so that I could tackle Mini-goal #2...the Rudolph Run!!! 
We got there in  time to get Mom (TEAM MAWA President)  seated and settled by the finish line and even had time to hang out a few minutes, stretch and prepare to walk!!  Kristen and I represented TEAM MAWA in the race.  We started a little early because it is so warm here...the race officials thought it would be better to beat the heat!  Today's race was a 5K and a 10K ( I obviously did the 5K and only felt like I did the 10K). 

It was a little different than the 1st 5K...which was at night...this 5K required me to put on my morning person cap...not one that fits all that well for me..:)  My goal was to shave some time off my world record pace of 59 minutes...haha!!  So Kristen was the official time keeper and co-walker.  There were probably close to 600 people or so in the race and not too many walkers...mostly runners!  For some reason...I had a little trouble getting my MOJO working..but...drum roll please...I completed the race close to 2 minutes faster than last time.  NEW WORLD FLUFFY GIRL RECORD!! 

Here are some post race pics:


IMG_20121208_092444.jpg



IMG_20121208_091914.jpg
IMG_20121208_091842-1.jpg
 
 
Thanks Kristen for supporting the cause!!!  I appreciate it so much and thanks to Tone Tone for being the best cheerleader!!!  We missed  you Lindsey!!
 
 
It was great to accomplish another physical challenge!!  I am looking forward to more mini-goal challenges of all kinds!!! 
 
 
Thanks to everyone who has sent suggestions for mini-goals!  Much appreciated! 
 
 
I hope you all have a great Sunday!!!  See you tomorrow!
 
Here is the Christmas Song for the DAY!
 


 


 
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment