Saturday, June 29, 2013

Just Keep Going...Head Up, Heart In It and Faith Forward

Happy Saturday...

I started this day by climbing up and down the banks of Cypress Creek...Got it done before the HEAT was completely unbearable!!!  Tone Tone drove with me for moral support...after that I my climbing adventures...I went to the Y...did an upper body workout, biceps, seated row, chest press, lower back...and then did about 10 minutes on the EVIL STEPPER...

In total my workout today was about 1.5 hours...unfortunately..I was ravenous the rest of the day.  Every once in a while...I truly feel hungry...but am never sure if it is just because I love food...or if my body is actually in need of fuel. 

I find that making the distinction between my addictive tendencies and realistic hunger is often quite challenging!  This is when I experience the most frustration with this process.  So today I ate more carbs than I normally do...and I am aware that will be make me feel hungrier as well.  I decided to end the cleanse after 3 weeks...the no carbs...no fats thing just does not work as well when I am working out hard.

So today was a mixed bag...big workout...heavier carbs....as often heard around here...It is What It IS!!!

I have some really great support this week...great thoughts, words of encouragement, etc...

Kerri sent me this last night...out of the blue...


This is an excellent reminder for me...I can forget how far this Journey has taken me in a relatively short period of time...especially if you consider how long it took me to get in the shape I was in 9+ months ago...and Of Course...I have to work at having faith that I have what it takes to complete this task..So as I was drifting off to sleep last night...I happened to look at my phone one last time...and there was this message from Kerri...the above pic with a message that just said "for you".

Today...while I was watching Monster U at the movies (with my Sweet Pea)...I get the following from an old high school friend...

 
 
Clearly...this process is going much differently than I expected..but I must Just Keep Going!!!  So thanks Riki for the reminder!!!!
 
So tomorrow is another day...another opportunity to take one more step toward my goal and to Just Keep Going...head up, heart in it, faith forward!
 
 
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment