Sunday, June 30, 2013

Believing the Things I Don't See

Hi there...It has been a busy day...surprise...surprise.  We (Mom, Emily and I) started our day at church...Great Church Service...Good music, Great Sermon...Nice way to start the day. 

After church we took Em home and began the rest of our day...lunch and then headed to the med center to see family (my Aunt Lois's husband Truett) in the hospital.  He is 92 and having a few cardiac issues...but he was looking good and even took a stroll with a cute nurse while we were there...He's still got it!!! 

Mom, Lo Lo and I had some good laughs!! We always do!  That is just one of the many things I love about my family...We can kick some stressful situation butt with our humor!  Ain't nobody got time for no stress...Bring on the laughs!!!

I will say this...on a somewhat serious note...I have an actual physical reaction to being in a hospital...the antiseptic smell, the sight of illness, sadness and miles and miles of white (or beige) vinyl tile flooring...It is just a place I do not like to be.  Almost every time I walk into a hospital, I have to take a deep breath and say a quick prayer....just a prayer for peace and healing and a prayer that I don't puke 5 seconds after I walk in the door!  The feeling usually subsides and I cope just like every one else does...the best we can!

On a positive note...I have not been a patient in a hospital in over 14 months...so I got that going for me!!! :)

After the hospital, Mom and I headed to Rice Village...If you live in Houston..I am sure you have been there...but for those of you that don't live in Houston...If you are ever here...check out Rice Village.  Great shops, restaurants, bars and near the lovely campus of Rice University.  After partaking in dinner and some frozen yogurt, Mom and I took a drive around the Rice campus...one of my favorite Houston drives...Beautiful homes, beautiful oak trees, green grass...just really a serene spot tucked away just minutes from one of the largest medical centers in the U.S. and Downtown Houston!  I sound like I am doing a tourism promotion spot!!!  But it really is a neat part of town.

Anyway...that drive was my "me" time for today...Now...I need some rest...Big, Big week ahead!  Need your prayers and I will keep you in mine as well.

Before I go...Today's sermon was about the Gospel of John..this is a verse from John that is so hopeful for me...Jesus is speaking to Thomas (Doubting Thomas) after Thomas acknowledges his belief that Christ is risen. 

This verse challenges the part of me that needs to see to believe...sometimes...it is the things that I  Don't See...that provide irrefutable reasons to believe. 

"Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”  John 20:29

Goodnight!  JLP



No comments:

Post a Comment