Monday, August 25, 2014

Linguine Arms and Burning Lungs

So bootcamp started TODAY!

4 weeks....12 sessions...here we GO!

Today..according to our trainer Kevin, was  nothing too strenuous...just an opportunity to see where we each are  physically.  I know where I am...mid forties...50+lbs overweight with joints that reflect both my age and weight!

Four women...gratefully...all with a sense of humor...started this process today!

Good news...I enjoyed it...I survived it...i laughed through it...and did not puke! So I got that goin' for me!

I, for the 1st time, got to do the "battle ropes" exercise...you know the one where you pick up a big ass rope and shake it up and down...Well, for some reason I was all primed and ready to try that out...3 sets at 30 second intervals left me with linguine arms and sucking wind!!! Holy Toledo!!!

But...I did it! I thought my lungs would explode...but I did it!

I am going to go out a limb here and say that each day will be a little tougher...and there may be puking involved!!! ;)

But...I have got a Mountain to climb...so I will keep suiting up and showing up!!!

It feels good to push through burning lungs and linguine arms...to forge on knowing that I am working towards bigger goals and pushing past physical barriers that at one time, felt impenetrable! 

Pretty Cool...

As you many of you may know, for this ENTIRE Journey,  my Mom has posted signs of encouragement on the door leading from the garage to the house.  She changes them periodically...usually goal specific.  

Below is my newest sign!

Look out Now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment