Saturday, August 23, 2014

These Shoes Were Made For Walking

I have two loves that some of you may not know about...

1.  SHOES
      I love shoes...even shoes that I can't wear ( never been proficient in heels).  I have always particularly loved tennis shoes, athletic shoes, etc...one of my favorite parts of playing sports...was the purchasing of the sport-appropriate shoe...court shoes for VB, high-tops for basketball, cleats for softball...love...love...love!

2.  Photography
      I love taking photos...nature, animals, people...all subjects!  So...taking pictures of shoes...is the perfect storm for me...:)

At the very beginning of this Journey...I went out and bought workout "stuff" and SHOES were my 1st purchase!!

I photographed those shoes...along with my homage to Misty May headband and posted that pic to one of my very 1st blog posts.

Those shoes took the 1st steps on this amazing Journey.  They walked the 1st mile...my 1st 5K...climbed Enchanted Rock...and I posted many pics of my steps in those shoes.  I wore them OUT!

Year 2 of this Journey...brought 2 new pair of athletic shoes...and more pics!!! Those shoes climbed hills...walked miles...pushed through many bike rides and carried me through another 12 months of this miraculous Journey!

So today...Year 3 shoes were purchased....after painstakingly trying on 8+ pair of shoes...I picked the shoes that will start boot camp on Monday....these shoes will carry me into the third year of this Journey...they will walk many miles....climb a few hills...ride miles and miles on a bike and who knows what else!!!

So of course, I took pics...a little collage of the brave shoes that have carried this fluffy girl here and there and everywhere!

Weird maybe...but funny enough...for me, these shoes represent ALL the physical steps taken...all the work...all the miles that have gotten me here...to a lighter...healthier...happier me!!!

These shoes were made for walking...and that just what they did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment