Monday, October 8, 2012

A Cinch by the Inch

It's Monday again...Here we are all are...at the start of another week...I hope you guys are more energetic than I am today...I have the Monday Moans...a little tired and not too terribly focused!!!  Even the coffee this morning did nothing to jolt me out of my stupor!!  I am ready for some FOOTBALL though!  The Texans play the Jets...WooHoo!!!! At least I look excited on paper!!!  I will probably have to fight to stay awake if I am not careful. 

Despite my bemoaning the fact that it is Monday...It has been a relatively ok day!  Am planning on working out...and then heading home.  In an effort to find something a little different for my blog post today, I found the following funny quotes about food/dieting etc...Thought I would share:

"Never eat more than you can lift. "
 -- Miss Piggy

"The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later, you’re hungry again. "
-- George Miller


"I always cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food."
-- W.C. Fields


"When the waitress asked if I wanted my pizza cut into four or eight slices, I said, 'Four. I don’t think I can eat eight.'"
-- Yogi Berra


These made me chuckle...it is important for me to have humor throughout this process...It is important that I keep my brain entertained so that it can keep my body from getting too grumpy!!!

Lindsey sent me this article today and I thought it was interesting...So I am sharing!!

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/top-10-break-diet-moments-172100137.html


I also came across this excerpt from an article on awakenedwoman.com.  Liked it too! It is about achieving balance in our personal lives.
  • Give your personal goals top priority and make a commitment to yourself.
  • Do something special for your self at least once a week.
  • Small irritations can build into major stressors. Do what’s necessary to eliminate it or change it right away.
  • In the end, there is no one or best way to organize or to achieve balance in your life. Your personality and values determine your style. Have faith in your ability to get and keep your life in balance. Remember that old saying – It may be hard by the yard, but it’s a cinch by the inch.
I like the whole "...It's a cinch by the inch" thing...It keeps it in perspective that I must listen to my body, honor God's direction and trust that this pace, this plan is what I need to do to maintain my health and my sanity!!

Sending everyone prayers for a great Tuesday!!!  JLP -Journey 120-"MAWA" Inspired!!! (Still)



No comments:

Post a Comment