Friday, October 5, 2012

Getting by with a little (lotta) help from my Friends

It IS Friday!!!  Woo HOO....Weigh In Day...Volleyball Game Day...End of work week Day....Can I get an AMEN!!!! 

OK...I weighed in today and lost 1.4lbs this week...not exactly blazing a trail to formerly fluffy girl...but am still moving down the scale. Makes 19.4 lbs total...I will take it!  I managed to get some decent workouts in this week despite the minor migraine interruption of last week.  Feel good about this week and will continue to FORGE ON!!!

Tonight is a big volleyball game.  Go Lightening Strykers!!!  Actually big sports weekend (plus Monday)...my twin cousins play in their Homecoming game tonight against their biggest rival (they are Juniors this year) Go Wes and Wil...My co-worker Kristen made a sign for me to hang up in my work area so that I can cheer for the boys all day.  Go New Boston Lions!!!
  A cool story..for those of you don't know or have not figured it out...I am a sports nut and I LOVE Texas High School football!  I have been known to go to games even when I did not have any connection to either team (that may be sad...not sure).  Anyway, for the last several years, I have been blessed to have high school football to follow where I actually KNEW someone playing.  My cousins (Jake-who graduated last year, Wes and Wilson all play football and baseball...So for the last few years, every Friday night, my cousin Julie  (the boy's Mom) sends me game update texts throughout the night so that I can keep up with the boy's games...New Boston is about 5 hours north of Houston...so we do not get to see games in person too often.  The Friday night texts have become a highlight of my week.  I LOVE following along...makes me feel like a part of the whole experience!!! Thanks Ju Ju!!!

Of course Saturday the Texas Longhorns play West Virginia...big game...Texas Fight!!!!  Monday night the undefeated Houston TEXANS play the Jets on MNF!!!!  Go TEXANS!  Lots of opportunities to be fired up this weekend!!!  Lots of untapped sports inspiration!!!! Which is good...Because I am giving the Full 3 mile walk a try this weekend in preparation for the 5K!!!!!  I know it really isn't that far...but it really sounds far and I am thinking will FEEL far for the Fluffy Girl!!!  But here goes!!!

Here is an article I found on weight watchers....It is about getting by with a little help from our friends!
http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=42201&sc=3047

I am ready for WEEK 8...Bring It...2 months into this Journey 120 and I am ready to push through to the next level.  I hope you will stay with me the rest of the way!!!  Who's With ME?



"What would you do if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends...

 I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends."~John Lennon & Paul McCartney

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy that 3 mile walk! You can do it! Thanks for being a positive and inspirational role as a coach and person in our daughter's lives! Debi

    ReplyDelete