Monday, October 1, 2012

Motivational Monday!

"Monday, Monday..so good to me"...OK that may be a stretch, but it has not been a bad Monday and that is good!!!! 
So I am coming off of a slooowwww weekend with no workouts and today I must be motivated...I must Forge On...:).  So...as soon as I leave the office I will be headed to the Y.M.C.A for some workout time.  I am feeling a tiny bit of pressure to be ready for this 5K...I don't want to start this 5K on Saturday and end on Sunday....haha!  But I am still quite motivated...It actually kinda shocks me that I have not really hit a wall yet.  Not to say that I ever will...but I truly expected to be a few weeks into this Journey and just SPLAT...right into the wall of discouragement, or fear, or just plain "what the heck was I thinking"....I keep thinking of things that I can do to motivate myself over the wall, through the wall whatever it takes...but so far....NO WALL!  Now...if you have been reading along...you know I have had some obstacles, a few hurdles and a few physical walls to push through...but no Great Wall of China kind of Wall...I am thrilled. 
 I know have said this 1,000 times...but I truly believe that sharing this with others is serving as a Wall buster!!!  Having this MUCH accountability, encouragement, helpful hints, etc...I think it keeps me moving forward over obstacles, through the difficult parts and keeps me from plowing into that wall. 

God really knew what He was doing when He said...Hey Jaime...it is time for you to get healthy and lose 120lbs but I want you to write about it everyday...share with everyone you know, post it on Facebook and send it to people you don't know on every social media outlet possible...C'Mon it'll be FUN!!!  Oh...and you are going to publish your starting weight and weekly weigh in totals as well...Even more FUN!!!  But...the part He did not tell me is ALL of the amazing things that have happened since! Unbelievable.

So if you have been reading along...you know that one of my goals...the really fun goal...is to play a real, full on, got my mojo workin, kinda Volleyball game on Saturday August 17th, 2013.  BUT....a couple of weeks back, one of my co-workers (Kyle) said...Hey Jaime...wouldn't it be cool to make the Volleyball game a charitable event and raise money for one of Misty May Treanor or Kerri Walsh Jenning's charities...So...an idea was born.  Inspiration is really quite amazing and God does work in wonderfully mysterious ways. 
You see, I got it early on in the process that I want this Journey to be about more than just losing weight.  I said I wanted to "Take this Journey Gracefully"...I want to share the Grace that I have been granted and the truth is...I have wanted to find ways to give back...in my community or in whatever way God sees fit! 

So that Volleyball game (event) is the big project that a group of us will be working on...Not too many details have been ironed out...We will choose a venue and begin to put together a plan...careful consideration will be given to the charity (charities) selection process and what that will look like!  I am really excited about it and I am hoping that it is something that everyone following along on this Journey can get excited about!!!  As we progress, I will post details.  I am always open for feedback...so don't be afraid to share.  Also, if you are interested in being a direct part of the process, or have any good ideas...please let me know. 

Thank you!!!

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, "MOVE!" and it WILL move... and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! - Matthew 17:20



No comments:

Post a Comment