Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Willingness to Be Willing

Hi There....a late post tonight...been a busy day!!  I am extremely busy at work and tonight was volleyball practice.  My girls were wired for sound tonight!! Wow..do they have a lot of energy!  It is great to be surrounded by all of the youthfulness!!!  We had a good practice!  They are improving each week!  That is all I can ask!!!!

I said earlier this week that I needed to keep my eyes open while on this Journey and look and listen for God's plan.  One of the things that I sometimes find challenging is knowing what it is I am supposed to get each day.  Some days it is obvious and other days...not so much.  I really try to find some inspiration in each day; something that keeps me motivated, interested and ready to take on this challenge on a daily basis. 
If I am really honest, it kinda makes me sad that I have to try and find inspiration on some days...when really there are inspiring things all around me.  But I often find myself too engrossed in my own stuff to "see" the inspiration.  I don't know about you...but I can get blinded by my daily life.  Work, traffic, bills, car repairs, money, schedules..you know the "everyday" life stuff that can really seem huge. 
I have a very clear memory of being a kid and getting really frustrated when my Mom and Grandmother would tell me that I should be grateful for the things I had...or the stuff I got to do or the fact that I had a roof over my head and a short walk to school!! 
I even have more recent memories of struggling with my health, job, finances, etc...and having someone say to me that I have things to be grateful for...and not be able to "get" the gratitude...It is frustrating when I have the knowledge that I am blessed but cannot feel it!  It is not a good feeling!

 But...I will say this!  The fact that I am "getting" the gratitude and KNOW that I am Blessed in the first 8 weeks of this Journey is not something I take for granted.  I keep saying that this Journey has been such a surprise and I truly mean that!  Each day is truly a gift and I am surrounded by inspiration, surrounded by blessings and surrounded by opportunities to express my gratitude!  But I do have to keep my eyes open and be willing to truly see those things that inspire, willing to see those things that are blessings and be willing to be express my gratitude!

I am on this Journey for a reason and I am more than willing to do what I need to do each day...One Day At A Time!

In honor of everyday inspiration...here is a great story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/15/joshua-johnson-subway-dancer-tap-dancing-penn-state-tuition_n_1349649.html

Have a Great Wednesday!!!  Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment