Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Fluffy Girl and the Mantra

Tuesday of Week 10 and I am churning right along.  Pushing through week 10 with a little fatigue but a whole lotta UMPF!!!  MAWA!!!! 

So I had someone ask me if I had a weight loss mantra...hmmmm...I thought about it and thought...I guess not technically!  Here is the definition I found of a weight loss mantra:

"A mantra is a phrase that is repeated either out loud or silently to yourself with the goal of helping you achieve something" 

I don't know that I really have one....MAWA has become my battle cry of sorts...Forge On...is something I say at times....But I don't really have a mantra...Do I need a Mantra?  Maybe that is the key to losing weight this week!!! :0

I did run across a few mantras used by other people trying to lose weight and I thought I would share....I may even steal one of them. 

The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.
No matter how slow you go, you’re still lapping the person sitting on the couch
Would I rather have that or reach my goal?

Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels.


Here is the link for the article about Mantras   http://slapdashmom.com/mantras-for-weight-loss/

I did run through a few in my mind as I was reading the article above...now these are very serious...no laughing:
  • Fluffy no more or Fluffy Galore-Your Choice
  • Lose the Fluff....get New Stuff!!!!
  • I must...I must....I must decrease my Fluff!
  • Exercise and Ride your Bike so Fluffy Girl can Jump and Spike!!!!
Those are just a few that I am considering!  There could be others.  Please feel free to share any Mantra ideas that you may find applicable!!!

OK...Last Volleyball practice tonight.  It has been such a gift to get to spend this extra time with my Sweet Pea and to teach these energetic youngsters the wonderful game of Volleyball. Our last 2 games are this week and I hope they get to taste sweet victory (lol) at least one more time!!! Go Lightening Strykers!!!!

Don't forget the Firefly Run...(how could you...I will not stop reminding everyone)...I believe that the cut off for on-line registration is Oct. 30th...


Here is the link....I would love, love, love to have you join us and it Benefits the Houston Food Bank!

https://fundraising.active.com/fundraiser/TeamMAWA
I believe we have roughly 13 people on TEAM MAWA...the more the merrier!!!

Have a great rest of the Day and Remember:


"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"


Philippians 4:13







1 comment:

  1. I like "exercise and ride your bike......etc....it has the optimism you've shown in your journey!..it's a little long to chant, so,...my 2nd fave would be "must, must, lose my fluff"....but, I really think of "MAWA" as your mantra. A.C.

    ReplyDelete