Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Fluffy Girl and The Blue Bell

Hello to all...I hope you all have had a good day.  I had a busy day at work...been a busy week in general.

Tonight was the visitation for Amy's mom Sheila. 
It is always such a mix of emotions during times like this...obviously it intensely sad at times and then there are those moments where you see old friends, family... people you have not had an opportunity to talk with in such a long while...and somehow in the midst of such grief...there is a laugh, a quick moment of relief from all of the sadness. 
I hope my friend Amy has had a few of those lighter moments over the past couple of days. 

I am singing a song at the funeral tomorrow that has special meaning to Amy's parents...makes me really nervous....makes me want ice cream!! LOL!  The truth hurts! 

I went to dinner tonight with some of my favorite friends...friends I have known for close to 30 years...special friends...friends who spent the last 15 minutes of our dinner conversation tonight talking about ice cream....yep....ice cream...not just any ice cream...nope....Blue Bell ice cream... Blue Bell...."the best ice cream in the country".

Afterward...I had to go to the grocery store...where they have Blue Bell...left without any...miracle!

Tired....tomorrow will be a tough day.  Please say a prayer for my friend Amy, her Dad, brother and all of their family. 

Goodnight...please don't hesitate to tell those that are important to you how much you love them...life is so precious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment