Friday, November 30, 2012

Weigh In #15

Hi to all of you and Happy Friday...TGIF!  Well...today was Weigh #15 and I lost 1 of my Thanksgiving pounds.  I'll take what I can get. 

For those of you that are following closely along and  own a calculator...you probably already know that I am off pace at this point for making my goal.  However, there are still 9.25 months to go. 

I would be lying if I said that I am not feeling a little bummed about my progress.  However, I did know that this would be hard.  It is hard to lose weight and I am choosing to lose it slowly in hopes that by the time I DO reach a healthy weight...it will be a complete lifestyle conversion and I will be able to maintain that healthy weight more readily. 
For those of you that know me really well...you know that I am competitive and I do not like to come up short on goals...so TODAY...I am having to work to remember that this is a long Journey and not a race!  Like I have said a thousand times ( if feels like that)...I made a conscious decision to start this process and make this process public...so that I would have accountability in place and something that would keep me motivated. It is WORKING!
Truth is it is just hard today.  I don't really mind the hard days so much...there is always something to learn.  I just have to be a willing participant!

I really don't like to post anything negative here...I would love to constantly be upbeat and optimistic.  However, that is not the real me...I can do some whining!! BUT...please know this, the fact that I am writing this post, that I am still going to the gym, the fact that I just ate cherry tomatoes as a snack INSTEAD of eating a candy bar and drinking a coke...That is Optimistic and Upbeat-LOL..  My fall back has always been food...When the Going Gets Tough...The Fluffy Girl eats!  I am really working on reversing that and at the VERY minimum am stress eating healthier foods!!! 

So I am going to get some rest this weekend.  Hopefully, do something relaxing and I am going to try to give my brain and my body a break. 

I have had some fantastic ideas from some of you regarding fun mini-goals I can set for myself along the way. 

Again, I have a mini-goal next Saturday...The Rudolph Run...It is not too late to join in!!! 
http://www.active.com/running/houston-tx/2nd-annual-rudolph-fun-run-2012?act=EMC-RegConfirmation&Version=Duathlon&Event=&Property=Active&Sections=Body&Creative=RegConfFor&ArtText=Txt_1&Content=Event_Details

I hope you all have a terrific weekend.  Enjoy!!!

Here is another Christmas Tune for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXYC3Uq6MYw

Saw this and had to post...I just said this yesterday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment