Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Full Contact Fluffy Girl

Hello to all ...it definitely is a hump day!  Wednesday may be the new Monday. 
So this morning...I leave for work and am five minutes from home when my car overheats! So Mom called the tow truck for me...I called the office...said I would be working from home...but strangely this turned out to be a blessing.  Had my car not broken down, I would not have been home to take Mom to the hospital. 
Yep...Tone Tone and I are  sitting in the ER as I write. 
Bless her heart, her kidneys are not functioning well...and she appears to be dehydrated.  So we are here to hopefully get her re-hydrated. 
OK...as I was writing that last sentence...I get a call from Emily saying she is locked out of the house...so I ran to let her in and got back before they even took Mom back.  Wow...what a day!

Mom and I have spent quite a bit of time in emergency rooms over the past several years.  We have even been in the same emergency room at the same time.  Long story!

But as I write this, I am acutely aware that I feel stronger, emotionally and physically.  Many times in the past...I myself was in such bad health that I was not able to handle everything I had to do.  I am a full contact, hands on kind of girl and there were a couple of times this last year when I was completely unable to be there for my Mom...that was hard. 
But today...today...I am here...I am not sick or overwhelmed!  I am here! Full Contact Fluffy Girl!

I am also acutely aware that without God's strength and without all of the amazing support I receive from my family and friends...I would not be here!

Again, I know this Journey continues to be a blessing even amidst the tough spots!
 
Again, thank you all for loving me through this Journey...each in your own, unique and special way!

If God is for us, who can be against us.  Romans 8:31

No comments:

Post a Comment