Saturday, February 23, 2013

Keep the Change

Hello Friends!!!  I hope all is well in your world today!  It was a beautiful day here in the Houston area today...not too hot, not too cold, partly cloudy but mostly sunny...A great day to be outside. 

Donna and I planned to head to the Arboretum at Memorial Park today for a walk..they have some really nice trails, etc...However, we got stuck in absolutely horrible traffic...so...we changed plans and headed to a nice park a little closer to home. 

We walked about 1.5 miles when I had to admit that I have some shin splint action happening...I have been walking a lot trying to get ready for my hike early next month.  However, I may have to pick a new exercise for the next few days.  The shin pain is not severe...just very noticeable.  So...I will make the necessary adjustments so that I can continue to workout effectively. 

So once I had realized that I was going to have to stop....Donna forged on and did another mile.  I did do some other exercises waiting for her though.  At least the fluffy girl is still moving! 

After our walk...We headed back to Donna's and Emily and I played a little "front yard" volleyball!  She was a little less than enthusiastic at first...(her Mom wanted her to get out a bit and away from the T.V.), but she warmed up and we had some fun!  I enjoy my time with her...and am glad she still thinks her goofy Aunt Jaime is still cool!  At least "cool" for an adult! 

So the rest of the day has been pretty low-key! I have been tired... Here though, is an ugly fact about me...that has nothing to do with being Fluffy, generally speaking...I HATE to clean house...HATE IT!  However, I NEED to clean...I am truly hoping that as this Journey continues...I will be able to make corrections in some of the things that I just do not like to do...but realistically CAN do!

  But I was thinking...less than one year ago, I was so ill that I really could not take care of the everyday tasks that most people do (if even they do not like to).  I was completely debilitated by pain, infections, migraines...you name it!  I could not work, I could not cook (even badly), I could not even drive myself to the Dr.  I had to ask friends and family for help just to take care of myself.  I was not able to be there for my Mom and my friends...I could barely walk from the car to the front door!  I could not play volleyball with Emily or plan trips to hike a big hunk of granite...Life Has Changed! 

So today...I will deal with being tired after doing a little cleaning, walking 1.5 miles, playing volleyball, cleaning out my car, cooking, walking the dog...etc...I will Keep the Change!!!

Here are the lyrics from a song by Rascal Flats...the video follows.  I love it!  Goodnight!

I came up, out of the water.
Raised my hands, up to the father
Gave it all to him that dayFelt a new wind kiss my face
Walked away, eyes wide open
Could finally see where I was going
It didn't matter where I'd been, I'm not the same man I was then

I got off track, I made mistakes
Back slid my way into that place, where souls get lost, lines get crossed and the pain won't go away
I hit my knees, now here I stand
There I was, now here I am..Here I am.
Changed.

I got a lot of "hey I'm sorry"s, the things I've done, Man that was not me
I wish that I could take it all back, I just wanna tell 'em that.. tell 'em that
I've changed for the better.

More smiles, less bitter..I'm even starting to forgive myself
I hit my knees, now here I stand

There I was, now here I am, here I am, here I am
I'm changed. Yes I am.. I've changed for the better
Thank God, I changed.


Rascal Flats-Changed

No comments:

Post a Comment