Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Practice, Practice, Practice

Happy Tuesday!  Here we are in Week #27 of this battle of the bulge and Life is moving right along. 

My Mom is still not feeling well...so we will be seeing all of her doctors tomorrow to hopefully find some solution!  Please keep her in your prayers.

So my day is a little stressful...work got really busy...really quickly...No surprise!  I have got car issues...AND  I forgot part of my lunch at home...My favorite part...The chicken... NO Dead Bird!  Oh well...I will survive...SO...today is another day that I get to practice patience, practice perspective and practice what I have been yammering about off and on over the past 6 months...Faith! 



So much about what I am doing is about practice...practice eating differently, practice healthy living, practice my faith, practice patience, practice love, practice writing, practice truth and honesty, practice changing, practice courage, practice belief in self, practice, practice, practice.  I am not of the belief that practice makes perfect...but I do believe that practice makes me stronger, better prepared and allows me confidence in whatever it is that I am trying to accomplish.

I love the following quote by Martha Graham, one of the most prolific dancers/choreographers in American dance history...but this quote is about everyday life for me...

“I believe that we learn by practice. Whether it means to learn to dance by practicing dancing or to learn to live by practicing living, the principles are the same. In each, it is the performance of a dedicated precise set of acts, physical or intellectual, from which comes shape of achievement, a sense of one's being, a satisfaction of spirit. One becomes, in some area, an athlete of God. Practice means to perform, over and over again in the face of all obstacles, some act of vision, of faith, of desire. Practice is a means of inviting the perfection desired.”
Martha Graham

I love the idea of being an "Athlete of God"!  I want to continue to strive for that...I want to be an Athlete of God.  So I will keep practicing...practicing all of the things that I can in order to accomplish my goal.  Though I do not think that practice leads to perfection..I do believe it can lead to greatness...in whatever form that takes! 

Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment