Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Lunch Lesson

Happy Thursday...I hope today has been a happy, healthy day for all. 

Did my normal thing: work, workout, dinner...you know the same ol' same ol'. 

For some reason, I am feeling overwhelmed though.  Really tired tonight!  As I sit here, trying to put my "day" into words...if feels like more of a challenge than normal.  Tonight, I struggled with my walk...I did manage to complete 1.5 miles and I felt like I was wearing concrete shoes...or for those that remember the T.V. show "The Munsters", I feel like I am wearing Herman's big platform shoes....just clunky and slow! 

I am managing to stay on track with the cleanse...I am not eating outside the scope of the "rules" of the program.  We had an office luncheon today and I felt like I needed to go despite the fact that I knew eating at a Mexican restaurant would be quite challenging.  But...you know...I just asked for what I needed.  I gave the waiter very specific instructions about how I wanted my chicken cooked..no oil or butter...dry..just dry and a salad with no "good stuff"...no cheese, egg, salsa, sour cream, avocado, etc... and I got what I asked for!  Not bad. 

There is a lesson in that for me.  I asked for what I needed, I communicated it clearly and my needs were met.  Now I am not so naive that I think it is always that simple..but there is such truth in that for me.  Trust me...it is way easier to ask a waiter to make sure my food is cooked the way I like it...than it is to ask for what I need in more personal matters. But...the "Lunch Lesson" reminded me that I know how to communicate what it is I need.  It just takes a little gumption...a little courage and a lot of Faith...It is not always easy and I have to be clear that I am asking for what I need and not just what I want. 

As I have quoted before...the immortal words of Mick Jagger and Keith Richards

You can't always get what you want...
You can't always get what you want...
But if you try sometimes, you just might find
You get what you need!

Tonight, I need rest and from you, I need prayers, please.  Prayers for strength, prayers for courage and prayers for continued Faith that I am on the right path, taking the next right step and have all that I need to complete this Journey! 

Also, please keep my Mom in your prayers as she continues to have health struggles. 

1 comment:

  1. A health blog once said most restaurants will cook food how you want so why do we feel embarrassed or ashamed to order "healthy" food? Food has become a social part of our lives but we shouldn't be embarrassed to eat healthy! You go girl! You're still social and the life of the office even with your dry dead bird :) SO proud of you!

    ReplyDelete