Monday, February 4, 2013

The Fluffy Girl and Being Vulnerable

Hello and Happy Monday!  I hope today has been healthy, happy and productive.

My Monday was spent at home.  Not feeling well today so I stayed home and took some time to recuperate.  I am actually feeling a little better this evening.  NO workout today though!  Giving my body a rest. 

In the past few days I have received some really precious thoughts from friends and family and I am so grateful that amidst a rather tough several days for me,  that they have taken the time and had the courage to share with me those thoughts.  It gives me strength and hope and proves that God is right there with me...through every step of this Journey. 

As I read some of the thoughts my friends have shared...I began to realize that vulnerability is an important part of this Journey for me.  I am choosing to be vulnerable.  I knew that when I made the executive decision to document this process DAILY.  Especially when I realized that I was not going to be creating a blog filled just with healthy recipes, exercise tips and that what I really would be talking about was the physical, emotional and spiritual journey that I was embarking upon.  It did not take too long before I realized that this would be a risk.  By being vulnerable, I open myself to the reactions, feelings and truthfully, judgement of others and to my own reactions, feelings and personal judgements.

 I share things here ( in writing) that I have not been able to verbalize in the past.  I did not know HOW vulnerable I would allow myself to be here and I can tell you that at times I have major risk remorse after sharing some of what is happening on this Journey.  But it has occurred to me that by trusting that God is with me and going ahead and taking that risk, the results...the gifts I am receiving are priceless.  I am finding that other people are taking that same risk and by doing so, they are modeling Faith and Courage.  What a terrific gift. 

I know I do not write with great eloquence or say things in the most clear manner, but I am grateful for the words I do have as they are serving as freedom for me...Freedom from all of the things that have kept me stuck for so long. 

Thank you to those of you that have taken the risk to share with me your own Journey.  I am blessed by your words.

OK IT IS:



My Uncle's birthday is tomorrow and my birthday is Friday...So here is what you all need to know.  Birthday's in my family have always been about food...to some extent.  We all have our own "birthday meals" and favorite cakes.  We don't just celebrate the day...we are often a birthday "week" kind of family.  SO...this is my first birthday to celebrate along this Journey to LOSE weight.  My challenges will be many this week.  But I have decided to not worry...to be reasonable in my food choices but not crazed!  I figure the timing will be perfect leading up to cleanse month!  I WILL PREVAIL...LOL!!! 

Love to all of you and thank you for sharing your hearts with me!!!

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment