Monday, February 18, 2013

Simple Realization, Complex Situation

Stormy Monday...at least it has been in these parts....I hope you all have had a great day.  Today was pretty decent for a Monday.  I went into the office and had a moderately busy day.  No major stress or drama...which is nice! 

I am still forging on with the cleanse...It really has not been bad.  I think the most difficult part for me is drinking just water...and drinking enough on a daily basis.  Just not a water drinker...but, I have gotten better!  Maybe by the end of this I will be a happy, drinker of water!!!

I have gotten a little creative with my veggies...I even cooked Kale that I liked.  A little carmelized onion, garlic and olive oil.  Cooked the Kale until is wilted and then finish with Balsamic Vinegar...not bad. 

I have also made yellow squash, sauteed with onion, fresh garlic, mushrooms and organic canned tomatoes (unsalted). I add a little Italian seasoning, olive oil and a splash of Ms. Dash...also quite yummy. 

My plan is to generally maintain this eating plan post cleanse...only adding back in some carbs and healthy fats!  We shall see.  I feel like I need to really push these last 6 months.  Plus...I do think I feel better eating this way.  Less processed food, no sugar, no caffeine...

I told Donna tonight that I actually think I feel more clear headed.  Don't hold me to that...but I think that has been the biggest difference I have seen so far. 

So for several blog posts now I have discussed being Still and Trusting God's plan and the difficulty I have at times just stopping...slowing my roll..so to speak!  I am often uncomfortable when I am not busy.  So when the opportunity arises and I am forced to "slow my roll", that is when I become uncomfortable in my own skin.  One of my closest friends said it this way (paraphrased)...when she slows down and is not busy, it forces her to think and FEEL(my interpretation).  That can be painful. 

I am realizing that by doing this cleanse...I force myself to slow down in a way.  Because of the restrictions of the program...I am not eating out...I am not eating for enterainment and I am forced to deal with my thoughts and feelings...just like any addiction.  Simple realization...Complex situation. 

But God has a plan...despite my weaknesses...God has a plan.  That plan may at times look like a limitation and not an opportunity...it certainly at times feels like a limitation...a bind!  However, in having a conversation with a friend last night, the following passage was pointed out to me...she suggested that I read it and I immediately knew I wanted to share it with all of you:

From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young (Feb. 16):

Thank Me for the conditions that are requiring you to be STILL.  Do not spoil these quiet hours by wishing them away, waiting impatiently to be active again. Some of the greatest works of My kingdom have been done from sick beds and prison cells.  Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for My way in the midst of these very circumstances.  Limitations can be liberating when your strongest desire is living close to Me. 
Quietness and trust enhance your awareness of My presence with you.  Do not despise these simple ways of serving Me.  Although you feel cut off from the activity of the world, your quiet trust makes a pwerful statement in spiritual realms.  My Strength and Power show themselves most effective in weakness. 

Zechariah 2:13, Isaiah 30:15, 2 Corinthians 12:9


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment