Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Bad Day is all About Perspective


Hello...Happy Wednesday!  I am still on the uphill side of the hump...but am working hard to embrace all the blessings and think Happy Thoughts as this day progresses. 

I have received some really encouraging messages today and I am so very grateful for my friends and family.  You all get Gold Stars today!

 
 

A friend shared with me a story about a friend of hers that has recently lost 100lbs!  She said that the friend literally used the words "warning label" when discussing the changes a person experiences during/after significant weight loss.  It was helpful to hear that other people have experienced this...maybe I am only a little crazy!!! LOL!

So I talk about my "youngsters" here at work often...They are a good group of people...Today, I get to work and Lindsey has left a card on my desk...This is it:  Hilarious!


 
 
She reminds me that the Ups and Downs are just part of the Journey...that I am going to have good days and bad days...and that I have mostly had good days!  She is right...for a life changing Journey...the good days have far outnumbered the bad...
 
Thank you for the reminder Lindsey and thank YOU for taking this Journey with  me!  Really incredibly blessed by you  and your huge heart! 
 
The card says it all...A bad day is all about Perspective...
 
I started this blog about my weight loss journey...it has grown into a blog about my faith Journey...about my Journey to be patient, a blog about human flaws...mine...a documentation of my spiritual growth, relationships, fear, vulnerability...it is a blog about my introduction to middle aged issues...hormones, menopause..yipeee....It is about someone truly attempting to turn her life over to God and following the Greater Plan...it is about me striving to fulfill my potential...not counting myself out or cutting my life short...it is about my Journey to embrace a completely different lifestyle, it is about my struggle with an addiction...it is a story about my looking for and finding Hope...it is about a Journey to embrace love...cherish it.  It is a Journey about becoming unafraid, confident, about becoming brave and leaving regrets in the past and looking forward to the future.
It is a blog about a Fluffy Girl...who relies on her faith and the faith of others, her sense of humor and her willingness to be willing..to Become...to Become a Better human...truly!
 
It is STILL a weight loss Journey..that is the path I am on...it is the path that will lead me to where I want to be...what I want to be and who I want to be...to Become!
 
I had to write the above paragraph for myself...for perspective.  I shared with Donna last night that I was struggling...she suggested I go back and read some of my own blog postings...I did...I just needed a reminder.  I needed Perspective.
 
Another friend sent a very supportive, encouraging message to me this morning...She quoted the following Scripture...
 
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." ~Hebrews 11:1
 
I do have to rely on Faith...and I do rely on the Faith of Others...It is funny...sometimes I cannot see my Faith at all...but on this Journey, it has been the obvious Faith of others...seeing that in action, lived out before my eyes, that helps me see my own Faith...I have several people in my life that are wonderful Mirrors of Faith...reflecting images of God's Grace and Love.  I see it in their eyes, their actions, their words and it gives me hope and sheds Light on this Journey! 
 
For that I am eternally grateful! 
 
I am still HERE...Still in this and Still inspired... I will continue to need prayers...I might need to borrow your Faith at times... Hope you don't mind!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment