Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Agony of DE"FEET"

Hello there...it is late Thursday evening and I am approaching the end of another week and am facing another Weigh In...I am ready for it!

I have focused more on my daily meal plans this week...tried to make healthy food choices all week..AND I have had my fair share of quality time with the Evil Elliptical and have put quite a few miles on the ole pedometer!!! The AGONY OF DE"FEET"
 Reminds me of the following famous sports narration that opened the popular weekend sports show...The Wide World of Sports when I was a kid!  Hosted by Jim McKay, one of my all time favorite sports announcers...

Spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of sport... the thrill of victory... and the agony of defeat... the human drama of athletic competition... This is ABC's Wide World of Sports!


OK...so constant variety of sport may be a slight exaggeration when describing my physical undertakings...but I have had a few victories...and I definitely have the Human Drama part down...but...with only one minor change...the Agony of DE "FEET"!

Yes...somewhere along the way over the past 46 years...I have must have done something unforgivable to my feet...MAN!!!  So...every night after I walk, or elliptilize myself...my feet SCREAM at me for what feels like the better part of the evening!!!  Really uncomfortable...Note to those of you who may be diabetic and not REALLY watching your glucose levels...YOUR FEET WILL BE DAMAGED!!!  Most of my foot pain is related to neuropathy related to my diabetes...Neuropathy pain is NO Bueno and apparently does not heal itself once the glucose levels are under control!!! 

Tonight I wore these fancy, reflexology, flip flops that are supposed to therapize the feet as you walk! Not so sure.... The Jury is still out on whether or not the shoes did anything spectacular.  Mostly it felt like I was walking on a door mat (you know the pointy, shoe scraping kind). 

Anyway...I could not pass up the opportunity to use a PUN as the title of my blog Post...

So here is to a successful weigh in...Here is hoping I get to experience the thrill of Victory....THAT will help me bear the Agony of De"Feet"!!! :)

Have a good night...May tomorrow be an excellent Friday filled with many Blessings!!!

JLP

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck tomorrow on your weigh in and here's hoping "de-feet" are better too, A.C.

    ReplyDelete