Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I am Found



Hello to all...another late night...but a great night!  After having a rough Monday...having hurt feelings, feeling ashamed of those feelings and moving through all of that without EATING an emotion or two...I made it to Tuesday!

This Tuesday held some special treats though!  After posting what I did last night, I received some very supportive, funny, touching words from my family and a few friends!  All of them made me cry ( in good way) and a few made me laugh out loud!!! 

Last night's post was cathartic AND very difficult to write...but it was necessary for me...Again...this weight loss Journey and the path that I am own..is requiring me to face life honestly without using Food as a pain killer!  So even  though I may feel "overexposed" again...It is just one more God given moment of a change in behavior that I hope will lead to Habitual Healthy Living...physically, spiritually, emotionally...the whole shabang!

So today was a test...a test in Fortitude!  I started this week really knowing that I had to rededicate myself to this process...My fabulous co-worker Lindsey came up with a morning and lunchtime quick workout plan...that we are following.  This includes walking for 15 to 20 minutes at lunch...Kristen, Lindsay and I...put on our appropriate footwear and hit the streets of Bellaire for a nice walk!  These "youngsters" have no idea what their support has meant to me throughout this 7 month Journey...They support me like there life depended on it!!!  They are saving mine in the process!!!

My Aunt Charlotte and Aunt Lois...both reminded of what an amazing, supportive family I have!!! Thanks Girls!

And tonight...after work, I got to spend several hours having a conversation with 2 of my middle school coaches.  Such an amazing Blessing!  I have told you guys before...everyone should get the opportunity to sit down and have a face to face,  heart to heart conversation (as an adult) with the important teachers in your life!  It really is amazing!!  It was so much fun seeing both of them, sharing with them this Journey so far...sharing the many blessings I have experienced and knowing the whole time I was talking to them was yet another "God" moment for me...another precious, strength building moment!!!

I have said recently that I need to be in relationships with intention...First and foremost, in relationship with Christ.  I have to be willing to be IN the uncomfortable moments, stretch through the fear of being vulnerable, share what is in my heart and trust that by doing all of that with INTENTION, I will have the courage and all the strength I need to beat my food addiction, reach my weight goal, share my heart, grow my faith and live a Good and Godly life! 

So thank you to all of you that took the time to make this a great day.  Thank you for sharing your time, your hearts and reminding me again that I am surrounded by incredible love...daily!!!


I felt a little lost yesterday...Today...once again...I am Found!!! 





Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you’re not alone  ~ Pearson, Pearson, Holden


From the song "Home" As sung by Phillip Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment