Sunday, April 14, 2013

Feeling a bit Squirrely!

It is Sunday...a day that more and more becomes about really trying to put all of my daily life stuff aside, focus on my personal goals, try like crazy to be Still and listen for God's guidance and emotionally prepare myself for the next step in this Journey!  I have been saying that consistently over the last few weeks. 
Today...I would like to mainline chocolate...an I.V. of Reeses peanut butter cups.  I am so not in the mood for self analysis today..but I am following through with my Sunday ritual...church...park time...praying...
As I sit here...the only thought that is in my mind...is this...If I were a squirrel...I would want to be a "park" squirrel...Think about it...plenty of trees, grass, etc....few natural predators and picnic scraps out the wazoo!!  To heck with storing nuts for the winter...every week a whole pack of humans pile into the park with chips, cookies, burgers, hot dogs, birthday cake, etc....
All I have to do is bide my time...scurry down the nearest tree...load up my cheeks and BOOM...dinner is served. 
I just saw a park squirrel...he strolled up to my table, took a look, saw no food and casually walked away...no fear...pure arrogance...the Donald Trump of squirrels....even had the same hair...and girth!
So that is the extent of my thoughts today...just daydreaming! Praying for some clarity...praying for patience...praying for courage and praying for the peace that passes all understanding!
I am approaching this week with the attitude that I have come this far and I can and will see this Journey through to the end! 
Today I am just feeling a little squirrely!

No comments:

Post a Comment