Friday, May 3, 2013

Born to Be Real

It is Friday....A weigh in day, the last day of another work week, the end of a week of triumphs, pains, loss, laughter..hormones...another week in the Life of the Fluffy Girl. 

I lost another pound this week...which I will take.  Another step in the right direction.  Another mini-victory in the Battle of the Bulge. 

Again, I have received some really amazing support...I have seen a lot this week.  There have been multiple opportunities to learn and for that I am eternally grateful.

I have received some really kind, supportive messages from you guys this week..I thought I would share a couple...This first one..I really love...Given that Life can be overwhelming and messy at times...I find this comforting and so true.  Despite my shortcomings as a human being..I know that I have an amazing Life Guard constantly protecting and helping me keep my head above water!   Thank you Mary C. for sharing it!

 
 
 
I came across the next one on Facebook...I needed to hear this and know that I have several people in my life that might need to hear it too...
 
 
Now...I do not that think that many would accuse me of being a perfectionist...nope!  I do know though that as I daily take steps along this Journey...I really do not want to disappoint, to let anyone down or be anything less than my best at this undertaking. As I take this Journey though...I have come to realize that being perfect is not my goal...but I REALLY want to be authentic..real.  I think that is part of my Journey..to practice authenticity...So the above really touched my heart. 
 
So many of  you share your hearts with me...just know that is so inspiring, so brave and so appreciated. 
 
I continue this Journey knowing that Faith will be my saving grace...that I will need every ounce of faith I can muster...knowing that Prayer and Love will see me through.  As I was writing this, I heard two songs...For me..one is about Faith...about believing what you don't always see and knowing that I don't have to see it to believe it. 
 
Here are the lyrics by Chris August
 
I Believe
 

I don't need a rainbow to know who made the rain
Don't need the waters parted to know who made the way
And I don't need a healing to know who is the cure
Of this I'm sure
 
CHORUS
I believe that there is something more than I can see
I believe that there is someone holding onto me
Sometimes I won't feel it, but that don't change a thing
'Cause it's by faith that I believe
 
If you had some heartache that made you cry a thousand tears
Then let me tell you now I know just how you feel
And that heavy weight of sorrow that you've carried for so long
Will soon be gone
 
'Cause I believe that there
 is something more than I can see
I believe that there is someone holding onto me
Sometimes I won't feel it, but that don't change a thing
'Cause it's by faith that I believe
 
You might see a miracle and give praises to the Lord
Don’t let a touch from heaven be the thing you're waiting for
Blessed are those who don't see but still believe, do you believe?
 
I believe that there is something more than I can see
I believe that the arms of Jesus are holding onto me
Sometimes I won't feel it, but that don't change a thing
Cause it's by faith that I believe
I believe, I believe
(Chris August / James Thiele)


For me, the next song is about Love... the Love that goes beyond Life.

It was written and performed by Carrie Underwood...but I have attached a version by American Idol contestant Kree Harrison...It really touched my heart.  




See You Again-Kree Harrison


I hope you all have a glorius weekend...Please say prayers for my friends that are grieving the loss of a loved one today...

God Bless


1 comment:

  1. Although Kree does it beautifully, I would love to hear you sing "I Will See You Again"...A.C.

    ReplyDelete