Monday, July 1, 2013

Pray...Please Pray

HI...Less than one week and I will be climbing a giant sand dune...with this body!  Less than one week I will be facing probably the most difficult physical task I have undertaken so far...Less than one week and I will be doing both of those things next to a 3x Gold medalist, world class athlete...have I mentioned that????

I am nervous...really nervous.  Excited, nervous...more excited but still REALLY nervous!!!  I am trying to keep all of this in perspective..the Doubting Thomas in me...has to keep it real!!!  But this seems surreal (really)!!!

I am going to get to meet a person that has had an unbelievably huge impact on this Journey...I am going to have a chance to tell her face to face that I am clear that God is working through her and has touched me, inspired me, made me smile, made me think and helped me to believe that I can actually pull this off! 

What an incredible blessing and opportunity!  Did I mention though that I am still nervous!!!! LOL!!!

Ok...so prayers are in order...Pray that I can hang with Kerri as we climb the DUNE...pray that I don't face plant or puke...Pray that I can talk while I am climbing...Pray that no one takes any embarrassing pictures that get circulated on the internet.  Pray that I magically have the stamina of a 25 year old for at least 45 minutes. Pray that I can enjoy this climb and not wish it was over...:) Pray that I have the best words at the best time and get the chance to share with her the wonder of all of the blessings I have received along this Journey! Finally...Pray that I don't make a fool of myself any more than I normally do!!!  Pray...please Pray! 

So...switching gears...We continue to need donations, silent auction items and volleyball players for The Play It Forward-Rally to Serve event on August 24th, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. 

Registration for volleyball is $15.00 per person!  Please email us at:

rallytoserve@gmail.com


Also, please check out our Facebook page at Play It Forward Rally to Serve


Thank you and we hope to see  you there!!! 

See you tomorrow!

JLP


No comments:

Post a Comment