Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Fluffy Girl and The Kid Bike

Last night...I changed up my workout...instead of my standard gym workout...I headed over to Donna's to go for a bike ride...Donna's husband (Bill) is an avid cyclist and will probably outlive all of us even though he is chronologically older than Donna and I!  He is in WAY better shape than I have ever been in at any age!!!  Anyway...I digress. 

So...here is the deal...Bill has some serious bike hardware!  I, do not even own a Huffy!!!  ALSO...my people are TALL...I am NOT!!!  So...Donna says to me the other day...we should start going for bike rides...you can ride Emily's bike...REALLY...Emily is 12...So here is the picture I had in my head

 
 
Sadly...however...the bike and I were a perfect fit....It is funny...it is one thing to be short and fat...but short/fat and on a kid bike...That is not right!!!...Now let me add one minor note...Emily's "kid bike" is not your average pink/basket having, bell ringing bike...It is a full fledged "geek" bike!  SO...maybe nobody noticed...
 
Anyway...Not so sadly...I did a 7 mile bike ride..burned about 500 calories and had a great time!!!  I have not been on an actual bike for several years...It was a great experience...just like riding a bike...hehehe!
 
So I am pondering making my next (BIG) mini-goal...a Mini-Triathlon...300 meter open water swim, 10 mile bike ride, 3 mile run/walk/crawl (for me)...I have not made a decision yet...a little nervous about committing to that just yet...We shall see.
 
Tomorrow night...I am playing beach volleyball...in the middle of the city!  Looking forward to it!!!
 
Please keep myself and the rest of our Play it Forward planning committee in  your prayers...the next few weeks are huge!!! 
 
You can now donate via PayPal to our Play It Forward-Rally to Serve Event benefiting cy-hope.org and goodtidings.org
 
I hope you will consider donating...anything helps!!!
 
 
I believe in these causes and I believe that our children will determine the future of this world...The more kindness they "see" the kinder they will live!
 
Love to all of you!
 
Jaime
 


No comments:

Post a Comment