Friday, July 26, 2013

With God's Help

IT"S FRIDAY>>>>>> Wooo to the HOOOO~~~

Busy weekend...some baseball in the scorching heat...working on the event...church...taking more steps along the path I have been shown!!!

This event continues to be my focus...most of my focus...so as it nears...I continue to battle some anxiety and stress about it's success. 

I am lousy at trying new things sometimes...just really fight any confidence issues that I have...so I have to focus on the things I am good at within context to this undertaking...One thing I am pretty comfortable doing is TALKING...duh!!  The other thing I am completely comfortable about is WHY I am doing this...and I am completely comfortable with the 2 organizations for which we are raising money.

So...I am hoping that I can share the inspiration that God has given me first through, Kerri and Misty...and further inspiration through the numerous experiences I have had over the last 11 months. I want to share that inspiration with people who need it most.  I want these children who may be limited in their exposure to activities such...sports, arts, education, faith, etc....that may lead them to their passion...to be inspired!!!

These organizations...CY-Hope and Good Tidings are 2 organizations that provide these kinds of opportunities to a large number of kids in 2 states.  I have researched, read, and believe that the work they are doing is heart driven! 

I am proud of the team we have put together to start this event.  This is the first of what I hope is an annual event...a celebration of what life can be, of taking care of our kids, of striving to live in a better world and leading by example. 

I know that the event is still one month away..however, we really need your help.  We need cash donations, sponsorship of the event and we still need silent auction items. 

If any of you have any contacts in the food service/supplier industry we could sure use some assistance in the food/service products we will need for the event.

Also, you can now donate via this link.  Any amount helps.  Thank you so much for your support!


DONATIONS

 
 
Also...please register to play VB with us...All skill levels, individual or team sign up!! We are playing 4's (4 people on each team)...though you can have subs!!! 
 
Please email me at rallytoserve@gmail.com  YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION FORMS.  Registration is $15.00 per person + $5.00 per person for lunch...OR...you can WATCH for $5.00 per person (includes a BBQ sandwich and chips)!!!!
 
Before I go...I want to share something that was sent to me...from "A Good Thing'
 
 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me - Philippians 4:13
 
It is not uncommon in human experience to run up against things that are bigger than we are, that we simply cannot overcome in our own strength. It may be a lust that threatens to consume us, an addiction that repeatedly overcomes us, a resentment that is growing inside us, or a sorrow that seems to paralyze us.
It is also not uncommon to try to grit our teeth, hunch our backs, and seek to make it through by shear determination. We tell ourselves we can overcome if we just try hard enough. Isn't that what being a good Christian means?
Yet here is the mighty apostle Paul admitting that his strength does not come from himself, or from his own willpower. He is not trying to do it on his own. Rather, he is looking to Jesus Christ for the power and deliverance he needs.
How can you make it through this trial? Through Christ. How can you overcome that temptation or addiction? Through Christ. How can you rise above your grief or depression? Through Christ. There is nothing that you cannot do through the strength that Christ has promised to you. Turn to Him, beloved, and find for yourself the confidence, the joy, the strength that Paul found through Christ. --From "A Good Thing"

Though the above discusses very specific issues that often cloud our life and lead to personal struggles...food being one of mine...I am clear that as I take on these new challenges...good ones even...that I will need all the strength I can get...from all of the sources that God provides.  Please know that I will need your help. 

This event can be successful and I will do whatever I can to create that...With God's Help!!!


May God Bless this weekend...for those of you in the Houston area...HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!!!


 
 
 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment